Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eddie decided he was done being #2 driver behind a 2-time World Champion. And David decided he wanted to be on a team where his teammate didn't talk so much.

The idea is actually so confusing, that I am also still trying to figure out what we did. :cautious: :unsure: :confused: :roflmao: P.S. I only cared for Schumi, I want him to get the titles, so now when he is yours I have no reason to win, and I will just camp around Tier2-3.

I'd really like to hear the confusing version of it :D

Cause right now i am confused.
You gave Mika and David away for Jos and Eddie?

Are you okay?

eHU2mkI.png

1999 Formula One Season (1-3)

lUCAXiE.png

LWTmyWC.png

NlfAfqJ.png

0BYSPXp.png

1b7imSZ.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

I6twL2J.png

@Meff28s
Just wondering: Is there a system behind the teams that are participating?
Like, at the moment we have BAR and Honda on the grid, Benetton already was replaced by Renault and Ligier is still Ligier and not Prost.

Is it random, based on performance or just different?

I'm still Ligier because the team is doing well. I foresee skipping Prost altogether and jumping right into Toyota soon. I'm supposedly taking Caterham and Haas after that.

@Meff28s
Just wondering: Is there a system behind the teams that are participating?
Like, at the moment we have BAR and Honda on the grid, Benetton already was replaced by Renault and Ligier is still Ligier and not Prost.
Is it random, based on performance or just different?
I'm still Ligier because the team is doing well. I foresee skipping Prost altogether and jumping right into Toyota soon. I'm supposedly taking Caterham and Haas after that.

Every situation is different. i'm trying to stick to real life but many things are different. I thought that Renault should go back now, because Benetton were going back in Tier1 and I felt like I wouldn't be able to make Benetton go away for years...
About Honda + BAR, the idea comes from @Jimlaad43 in last FLM game. I thought it was cool.. so when Jim came back, I gave him Honda while Manolis continue with the original BAR history.

Anyway, there's an issue with the number of teams in the future I'll have to solve. We should end up with 10 teams. So if someone leaves, he just won't be replaced.

0ZZcuHb.png

1999 Formula One Season (7-9)

XV5dVUV.png

D1ao0Vb.png

AXYIRBf.png

r3aKFVl.png

4PafIXz.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

4d7Fx5V.png

!!! FLM Rules Evolution !!!

The rookie signing system will evolve. It's the second time we see teams making bad decisions on purpose to become the worst possible to get rookies. And I don't think it's a good thing. Plus, many rookies didn't start their career with backmarkers IRL ; most of the best drivers began with average teams or good teams. Anyway, here is what I propose you, from an idea stolen from @rubaru :

I will create a Young Drivers formation system where you'll sign drivers before they enter formula one. Each team will be able, during off season, to sign one YD (Young Driver) for 3 years. After those 3 years of formation you'll have to sign the guy for 2 or 4 seasons, exactly like any other driver. The available young drivers that could be signed will only be those who should be the regular rookies 3 seasons later. The signing order is applied with this system too. I'll explain with a fictional example :

Signings Order :
#1 Ferrari
#2 Williams
#3 McLaren
#4 Tyrrell
#5 Lotus

Available Drivers :
A. Senna A
A. Prost A
N. Piquet A
N. Mansell B
G. Berger B

Young Drivers :
M. Schumacher C
M. Hakkinen C

#1 Ferrari decides to sign A. Senna for 4 Years
#2 Williams decides to sign A. Prost for 4 Years
#3 McLaren chooses to recruit YD M. Schumacher for 3 years.. but they still need to sign a regular driver !
#4 Tyrrell chooses to recuit YD M. Hakkinen for 3 years.. but they still need to sign a regular driver !
#5 Lotus decides to sign N. Piquet for 4 Years as he wasn't picked by both McLaren and Tyrrell
#6 McLaren, who skipped their turn decides to sign N. Mansell for 4 years, best driver left.
#7 Tyrrell, who also skipped their turn decides to sign G. Berger for 4 years, only driver left.

This way, McLaren WILL sign Schumacher in 3 years to team up with Mansell for 1 year. But this advantage costs them the right to sign Piquet, only A driver available at their turn.

I'm making this system to help Tier2 teams to get better drivers or good rookies and fight decently in Tier1 if they access it.

Additional rules will be applied to make the signings fluent enough :
- The "reversed rookie order" will be deleted.
- You won't be able to fire one of your driver. If you sign the wrong guy for a wrong period it's your fault.
- Drivers' transfer will also be deleted as it hasn't been used with goodwill.
- You can't have more than one YD contracted at the same time.
- Every YD driver who wouldn't be recruited will still be available until he reaches the year when he's supposed to enter F1. Then he will simply be added to the regular available drivers list.

This new system will be effective at the end of THIS current season (you will be able to recruit YD now to make them drive for your team in 2003).

The current system is still effective until we reach 2003, when the YD signed should become full time drivers. (So don't worry for Button, Heidfeld, Raikkonen, Alonso, Montoya and Massa)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies