rF2 Formula 2 @ Silverstone - Sunday 16th July 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I might not be able to make it unfortunately. Parts of my city are without Internet after a power cut yesterday. Hopefully it'll be back up before the race, but it might not :unsure:

R1 was kinda fun until I lost faith in my tires and ended up spinning twice :p.

Apologies in R2, thought I was going to avoid an accident in front of me, then the game decided to pick one of the cars sliding right (I went left), and then throw him right in front of me :(. I thought I had enough room to spin around, but I ended up back on the edge of the track and in someone else's way. Sorry. Decided enough was enough at that time.

Thanks for the races, that was fun! And I'm not so found of big open wheelers, nor this layout... so that means a lot! :)

Sorry for the dizzy moment at Becketts in the first lap (yep, that was this SpeedyMite car...:whistling:), then for the tap from behind @Nick Milton I could not avoid you... But from there, I did not have any trouble... Just a small spin at the beginning of lap 16, just enough to finish with nice vibrations...

And R2 was really intense! Thanks for the fight @Matt I really had to push trying to stay in front! :) And this time I kept my tyres clean till the end!

It was also nice to have SpeedyMite cars all over! :D Congrat @Otune to have put one in the top spot! :thumbsup:

F2_preview.jpg

Both races were great. Too bad for some people lagging A LOT. Not sure if because of their connection or the server itself. I had a "lag contact" with McGown (i think that was the name). His car literally teleported on the left of the track and hit me, making me lose control of the car. Still, being my first race on rF2, i can consider myself satisfied with the result. 400 ping is too much for close race anyway, it means the guy behind has to break half a second earlier than he would and that makes almost impossible to overtake, specially in these cars that depends a lot on aerodynamics and sometimes it's hard to get close to the one in front. I wonder if it would be possible to have a server closer to everyone.
@Chris No, the only contact i felt was at the start with someone (very slight contact, no damage nor spin) and the contact with Mcgown, that almost launched me away. I assume it happened when i overtook you, am i correct?

Amazing racing was really good fun, thank you for providing a great event in RF2 @Chris @Sniper

I eagerly await the event thread for the next race, excited to see what you will choose. (Feel free to put up nordschleife and apex GT3 for the off week :D hotlap comps are always good fun!)

Apologies for having to leave early in race 2, had some family shite happening in the background, so I had to park it unfortunately :cry: up until that point I was having great fun!

Really enjoyed RF2 , has a natural feel I think, my problems were all my errors,
Sorry Alex , and Matt bailey , and who knows else, I wasn't in the zone last night at all .
Another note, can ans or rf2 bc played multiplayer with just another person and some Ai ?

Really enjoyed RF2 , has a natural feel I think, my problems were all my errors,
Sorry Alex , and Matt bailey , and who knows else, I wasn't in the zone last night at all .
Another note, can ans or rf2 bc played multiplayer with just another person and some Ai ?
Yes it can nick. On ams you jump on the multiplayer server and you can vote to add Ai I believe.
I can pop one up for you and your brother,i forgot about your request the other day. What combo do you want?

No worries mate, as far as AI and online in rF2, yep you certainly can. The server has an option that disables AI so as long as that isn't active your good. As far as the process to add an AI, I'm not sure at the moment, getting ready to go see some cousins from interstate.

Thanks for the races, that was fun! And I'm not so found of big open wheelers, nor this layout... so that means a lot! :)

Sorry for the dizzy moment at Becketts in the first lap (yep, that was this SpeedyMite car...:whistling:), then for the tap from behind @Nick Milton I could not avoid you... But from there, I did not have any trouble... Just a small spin at the beginning of lap 16, just enough to finish with nice vibrations...

And R2 was really intense! Thanks for the fight @Matt I really had to push trying to stay in front! :) And this time I kept my tyres clean till the end!

It was also nice to have SpeedyMite cars all over! :D Congrat @Otune to have put one in the top spot! :thumbsup:
That was a good battle Alex, I'm still not sure why you let me pass as I feel like when we made contact it was just a racing incident, I should have lifted a little more rather than tap your ass... :p Up until that momment I was in a Speedymite sanga! (Sandwich for you non Aussies)

Yes it can nick. On ams you jump on the multiplayer server and you can vote to add Ai I believe.
I can pop one up for you and your brother,i forgot about your request the other day. What combo do you want?
Great tony do F3 at spa , I'll do some laps with him then he'll be ready to join a race ❤️

Great game, great racing :)
@Sniper and @Stiggy I wanted to view the last lap of race 2 again, but I had the replays off :( . Was an epic last lap :)
I had the 'hot laps' on, so I watched that. This game allows you to race from your replay, basically recreating the race with all the drivers from the replay. Looks cool, not sure on the details as I only raced the first two corners, but looks like a neat idea.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%