Force Feedback settings.

Hello all,

Recently i bought a 1 year old Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing wheel. I really like the way it feels and drives but im struggling with 1 thing. When driving on a long straight with high speed, i have a little dead zone in the middle which makes the car really nervous and gets me swerving all over the place sometimes. I had this with my old wheel too, a Thrustmaster TMX, but never took the time for it to sort it out.

I cant figure out what to change/adjust properly to get it 100% the way i like. Do you guys have some tips or tricks for me? On google i didnt find that much information unfortunately.

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards,

Robert

Increase the minimum force, you may need to go up as much as about 10% , but back it off a 1-2% if sat still the wheel tends to pull side to side. That will remove the numb feeling when there is little FFB input. The wheels have a dead zone at the bottom of force input and work better with some amount of minimum.

You should go in the Controlset.rcs file
Likely in documents\Simbm\iRace 07 \userdata\
Find the line
FFB steer force exponent=
You want that value as high as you can but lowering it removes the deadzone on the wheel.
A good starting point for a T300 would be around 0.6. High end wheels can use much higher values.
I use 0.6 - 0.7 on a G27 as a compromise. 0.5 to 0.6 feels better but you lose some light ffb forces.
Then when you got a good feel you can then play with gain again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.