1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force feedback on gears

Discussion in 'F1 2012 Mods' started by Blinn, Sep 24, 2012.

• Like Like x 10
  1. i come from germany, my english is not so good, sry. but i have back autosave bug, as 2010 and 2011. but I can not fix, as for the other games. can you help?
  2. Nice, I was wondering where this went. Thanks!
  3. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Wrong thread and there's currently no permanent fix available for this in F1 2012, I'm afraid.

Nice, gotta try that out. :)
  4. Why I can't download it?
  5. Look at the top of the forum... downloads are temporarily disabled.
  6. Sorry, will download function?
  7. Where are the free pair of glasses? :D
  8. Super mod ! THX Blinn :thumbsup:
  9. This is a neat mod, thanks for bringing this to the community's attention.

I switched this out myself by going to the f12012/feedback/ (or forcefeedback, on my work comp so can't see the files) directory and modifying the effects.xml file. I found that the file opened in notepad just fine. Even setting the effect value to 0.1 give a nice little bit of rumble in my controller - I found even 0.5 was far too strong for my tastes.

Edit: Got home so I can give the correct file and directory locations:

The file you want is in your F1 2012 directory .../f1 2012/forcefeedback/effectsetup.xml is the file name and path. Make a backup copy of the original file first, just incase!

Open the effectsetup.xml file in notepad and look for the following line of code about half way down the document: <FFBGearChange scale="0.0" gear="-1" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>

You want to change the "0.0" in FFBGearChange scale="0.0" to some value between 0.1 and 1.0. As I said above, I liked just 0.1 with my PS3 controller, but try different settings if you like a stronger feel. At 1.0 you pretty much get the same rumble you would if you shunted the wall at 250kph+.

Props to Blinn to spotting this tweak, it's a nice immersive element in the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BBFred

Premium Member

With my Thrustmaster RGT FFB the high version did it for me!
    Totally not essential mod, so completely needed! It brings that little bit more immersion feeling from the wheel, and I can't believe CM haven't thought of it.

Thanks for your work! :thumbsup:
  11. yeah brilliant mod, makes the t500rs with f1 wheel addon even more immersive
  12. great idea. Thanks for sharing, i love it. High for me, g27 with the zrosso works great.
    thanks again.
  13. I need help guys! When I download the data it shows me a .zip file. How can I open or copy it into the original folder?