Force feedback issues

Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask for some advice, I've recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and in the process had to reinstall Raceroom. I tried to set it up today, but I have problems with the FFB and have no idea what to do. I use a G27.
The FFB is there, but sort of doesn't tell me any information, all that it does is provide resistance.
Actually had a similar experience recently whilst trying out Forza for the first time on my friends TMX. But here I at least know that this isn't how the game is supposed to act. The FFB settings feel like they do nothing at all. They only change the resistance force, but that's it. The wheel doesn't get lighter during lock ups, understeer or loss of traction at all. Might as well turn FFB off.
If anyone knows what could be causing this please let me know.
I do have the newest drivers I could find on logitech's website, it says version 5.10.127.
Hopefully I'm just dumb and messed up something in the FFB settings.
I've tried various settings I've found on the internet as well as here, but it all almost feels the same.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't older G27 drivers needed for R3E? I'm not sure if that applies to Windows 10 or not. Perhaps @Kenny Paton can shed some light on this?
Yeah, I have Win10 64bit too, and I'm sure I've seen that as a message in one of the splashscreens when I start R3E. Something about the drivers from March 2017 (?), but not later?
As an aside: I had a G27 for 10 years, Logitechs drivers were always cr*p, I'm glad I now have a TM wheel: much less trouble with their drivers. Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

@Martin Poláček
As @Ross Garland says you need specific drivers.
Did you delete your old control set?
X/my documents/my games/simbin/R3E.
You need to have the profiler running.
Let me know if you need the correct drivers and I will pm you a link for them.
Yes I did lose my old settings during reinstall.
I've never heard that you would need older drivers. I assume that's probably the issue.
If you could send me the link it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much guys, Racedepartment community extremely helpful as usual! You guys rock. :thumbsup:

I have a G27 and I have the same driver version. Which is the latest/newest and also a bit "old".
Maybe you have some wrong profile in the profiler?
I sometimes have the issue of the profiler staying the in general or a specific profile for the wrong game. Also having the profiler open and the game in fullscreen or windows somehow makes a difference.. sometimes!

But your drivers are correct!
Can you make a screenshot of your profiler settings?

@Martin Fiala is always a great help with pretty much everything so I tag him :)

The drivers on Logitech's web should be the correct ones (March 2016), they meanwhile fixed their web. But Windows 10 likes to overwrite the drivers with different ones on various updates, so make sure you really are running the correct ones (don't look at the version number, if I remember correctly, Logitech published several different drivers with the same version number). Probably best to just uninstall the existing ones and install the correct ones, to be sure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.