Flatspotting

I know this is rF2 but i always thought it was very challenging with AC's Ferrari GT2 (No ABS) at Spa and any track with long straights where you gathered up top speeds then needed to slow down very quick for the upcoming turn.

With my G25 pedals i experimented with many setups by lowering brake pressure and set F/R brake bias which did help diminish lockups but not until i dumped my G25 and switched to the Thrusmaster T3PA-Pro pedals did my lockups completely vanish for good.

Using your muscle memory experience by the amount exertion of foot pressure pounds on your brake pedal is far easier to learn and control than using a simple brake pedal like a G25 where your relying mostly on brake travel distance and far less on foot pressure.

Last edited:
  1. Good pedal set
  2. Brake sensitivity (in controller setup)
  3. Brake pressure (in car-specific setup)
  4. Brake pedal modifications
I'm still using my G25 pedals with brake mod (spring and internal rubber plug). Lowering brake sensitivity was the first thing I did in-game and brake pressure per car closely followed. Soon I'll be upgrading to a decent pedal set because the G25 pots are worn out and I can't really mask the wear much longer with calibration & range adjustments.

Thanks all for your feedback :thumbsup: I will try some different settings. I started this post back in 2015 when they brought in flat-spotting. I currently use t3pa Pro and I will maybe upgrade to Fanatec V3 at some point but these will have to last me a while yet.

Thanks all for your feedback :thumbsup: I will try some different settings. I started this post back in 2015 when they brought in flat-spotting. I currently use t3pa Pro and I will maybe upgrade to Fanatec V3 at some point but these will have to last me a while yet.

FYI Flat Spots have been in RF2 since it's inception in 2012 :)

I'm still using my G25 pedals with brake mod (spring and internal rubber plug). Lowering brake sensitivity was the first thing I did in-game and brake pressure per car closely followed. Soon I'll be upgrading to a decent pedal set because the G25 pots are worn out and I can't really mask the wear much longer with calibration & range adjustments.
The pots in my G25 were also so worn and needed to clean the pots with CRC electronic cleaner whenever my lap times started diminishing. The need to clean the pots was diminishing from every 60 days then to 30, 20,15, and finally every 7 days which at that point i knew it was long overdue to replace them. The wheel portion still works but it is so worn out and the accuracy is no longer good nor smooth.

Looking for a deal on the Clubsport v2.5 base with the new McLaren GT3 steering wheel.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea