1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat spot

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Boby Kim, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

I tried it with the megane. At the end of the long straight i set the brake balance all the way to the front and slammed the brakes till i stopped in a cloud of tyre smoke....that should gave me a super flat spots. But in the following laps i did not feel any of the thumps you hear drivers talk about. Using a G27, would it be different with a Fanatec?
  2. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

I have an G25, and I can feel it sometimes for a half a lap after I locked the brakes, than it dissapears again, it's a suttle feeling I get.
    You can try to change your settings to feel more FFB, set FFB smoothing lower, perhaps you will feel it than.
  3. I use no smoothing, and if I lock a tire I can feel the flat spot clearly, really an annoying feeling... and very frustrating the way you lose grip in that wheel next corners/laps due vibrations.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

If i dont use smoothing as i hit the kerbs, the whole street is able to hear the gear rattle from my G27...but i'll give it a try
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sometimes i can feel the flatspots, i have to either have a huge lock or do a spin at high speed in the tarmac, that way i'm able to feel it, especialy if one of the wheels is locked longer than the other, i get a small vibration on the steering wheel when that happens