1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Flat spot

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Boby Kim, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    Hi,

I tried it with the megane. At the end of the long straight i set the brake balance all the way to the front and slammed the brakes till i stopped in a cloud of tyre smoke....that should gave me a super flat spots. But in the following laps i did not feel any of the thumps you hear drivers talk about. Using a G27, would it be different with a Fanatec?

2. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen

Ratings:
    +668
    I have an G25, and I can feel it sometimes for a half a lap after I locked the brakes, than it dissapears again, it's a suttle feeling I get.
    You can try to change your settings to feel more FFB, set FFB smoothing lower, perhaps you will feel it than.

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda

Ratings:
    +63
    I use no smoothing, and if I lock a tire I can feel the flat spot clearly, really an annoying feeling... and very frustrating the way you lose grip in that wheel next corners/laps due vibrations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    If i dont use smoothing as i hit the kerbs, the whole street is able to hear the gear rattle from my G27...but i'll give it a try

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    sometimes i can feel the flatspots, i have to either have a huge lock or do a spin at high speed in the tarmac, that way i'm able to feel it, especialy if one of the wheels is locked longer than the other, i get a small vibration on the steering wheel when that happens