Flashing cameras

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to turn off the flashing camera from the fans on the trackside on the VLN tracks - I appreciate the fans thinking I'm the next Lewis Hamilton and I do look their direction when passing so they can get a full picture of my face to cherish forever, but sadly in VR it gives me a big and sudden FPS drop.

Last edited:
Just delete all the flashing camera lines from the .trk file and you're good to go. Not sure what the instances are called in your track but here's an example from the Targa Florio .trk:

Instance=photoflash01
{
VisGroups=(1249)
MeshFile=photoflash01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

All you need to do to disable these objects is to do this // on all the photoflash object entries:

//Instance=photoflash01
{
VisGroups=(1249)
MeshFile=photoflash01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

When you open the trk file in NOTEPAD, in the edit drop down, first select FIND: photo (that will take you to the first photoflash entry, then select REPLACE and put in Instance=photoflash and replace with //Instance=photoflash and that will do them all.

It's always a good idea to make a copy of your trk file before you edit, just in case.

Thanks for the input guys - I just deleted anything to do with photoflash in the TRK file Haven't checked to see if it works yet but will do later but am not expecting any problems *fingers crossed*

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.