Fixed Bucket Seat Suggestions for 185cm/6 ft 1inch Tall, 90kg/200lb Person

After spending a year with an NRG FRP-300E bucket seat, I think I need a change. The main problem with my current seat is that the shoulder harness pass-throughs are too low, so my racing harness actually forces me to slouch and slide forward over a stint.

Does anyone have suggestions for someone with the body size mentioned in the thread title? I need something with an anti-submarine belt passthrough. I'd like something as affordable as possible, but I'd prioritize best bang-for-buck over lowest absolute price. I don't really have the option to go sit in a bunch of different seats sadly. I am located in the USA FWIW. Thanks for any help you can spare!

Last edited:
I can say that I have the previous version of this and I know a few with the current version of this. Size wise its similar as the previous version and we all like it a lot.

I am 187 and 105kg, wide shoulders but I think this size is better for you than the smaller one. A friend about your size has the same and returned the medium for this the large.

Last edited:
I can say that I have the previous version of this and I know a few with the current version of this. Size wise its similar as the previous version and we all like it a lot.

I am 187 and 105kg, wide shoulders but I think this size is better for you than the smaller one. A friend about your size has the same and returned the medium for this the large.
Thanks for the response. I don’t see anything linked though. Can you please repost?

Doh

That price cant be what you would pay for it, even in my part of the world its a fair bit cheaper so that must be RRP which is a chunk more than you will pay.

Hey guys, was about to write my own post until I came across this.

I'm 6ft 3" at 80kg and a 32" waist and have purchased this https://bbclassics.co.uk/products/b...breglass-fixed-bucket-seat-sidemounts-runners which is a great looking seat but my back is killing after a few sessions. I'm in the UK FYI. Is this far too small do you think? I have contacted BBClassics for their opinion so will post their response here too when I get it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys, was about to write my own post until I came across this.

I'm 6ft 3" at 80kg and a 32" waist and have purchased this https://bbclassics.co.uk/products/b...breglass-fixed-bucket-seat-sidemounts-runners which is a great looking seat but my back is killing after a few sessions. I'm in the UK FYI. Is this far too small do you think? I have contacted BBClassics for their opinion so will post their response here too when I get it.

Thanks!
It could be too small forcing you in to a position thats not ideal or it could just be how you have set it up.

If it was too small you may notice things like it is really tight around your hips getting in, another would be that the side bolsters are digging in to your shoulder and making you hunch forward a bit.

If none of the above is a problem then you may just not have it setup correctly for you. The spacing to the wheel should be right and the spacing to the pedals should be right and for me, as important as that is to have the right amount of recline so that enough of your body has good contact distributing body support.

I see far to many people bolt these things on completly upright and it will be a disaster at some point. Young strong healthy people might not see the problem for what it will be for longer than older guys.

It can be a pain to get it all set up right but in your shoes i would do what i do every time, get the back reclined to near 40 degrees, move the seat so that the wheel is the right distance. leave the seat and wheel in position and move the pedals until they are right.

It could be too small forcing you in to a position thats not ideal or it could just be how you have set it up.

If it was too small you may notice things like it is really tight around your hips getting in, another would be that the side bolsters are digging in to your shoulder and making you hunch forward a bit.

If none of the above is a problem then you may just not have it setup correctly for you. The spacing to the wheel should be right and the spacing to the pedals should be right and for me, as important as that is to have the right amount of recline so that enough of your body has good contact distributing body support.

I see far to many people bolt these things on completly upright and it will be a disaster at some point. Young strong healthy people might not see the problem for what it will be for longer than older guys.

It can be a pain to get it all set up right but in your shoes i would do what i do every time, get the back reclined to near 40 degrees, move the seat so that the wheel is the right distance. leave the seat and wheel in position and move the pedals until they are right.
Thank you for your input! The waist seems to fit perfectly; snug but not overly so. As for the shoulders, I think they are a little tight as I can feel myself hunching forward slightly and that's where my pain is. I have padded the bottom back of the seat out with cussions which has helped a lot. I will recline the seat too. I would have done that earlier but I have heard contradicting information on this.

I will try it this evening and give an update. Thanks again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back