first simracing experience

Hi,
today i was thinking about how i join the simracing world.
I found rfactor as 'gift' in a pc megazine 2 years ago,then i try it with 1979 mod and a joypad :D after that i decide to improve and i buy a thrustmaster rgt.
Two years later i'm an active iracing user and i love nkp over all sims.
And you? how started your simracing experience?

First real sim was GT Legends... Then rFactor. It was about 2 years ago I think, back then I was playing with a controller and never played online...

10 months ago my brother's friend lend us a Black Momo, 1 week later after getting used to the heel and toe I did my first online race here at RD, Mid America in the Boss 302 Series, where I finished 4th and 6th out of 20+ :)

From there I went on, until about 5 months ago where I got a G27 ! The rest is history and here I am ! :p

Of course I played a lot of racing games before that, Forza and others, with a steering wheel so...

the first sim that i real started to play was rfactor 2 or 3 years ago, i started with a keybord, moved to a joypad, then i started racing online, made a season in a rfactor league and bougth gtr evolution along with race07, then i came to Racedepartment, only some months ago i changed from a joypad to a wheel, i bougth a driving force gt

November 2010 was when i discovered Race On and GTR Evo. I did console sims before that, GT series, Forza , F1 but now i prefer pc sims. The only console sim I currently play is Forza 4. I also play GT Legends and just reinstalled rFactor. I'm pretty hooked on GT Legends right now. I think i'm going for IRacing in the new year,if i can get myself off of GT Legends lol! . I'm not even online with GTL and i love it!:)

71YT184RSXL.gif

I used to play GT2 with one of these:p

I started with rFactor at the end of 2008. I played with keyboard, all aids and still spent most of my time on the grass. Then I started using a joystick (of all things) to drive. Then midway through 2009 I got a joypad, and I kept it until about July 2011. Then I got a brand new Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience for a tenner, which died within 3 months. Then I got a G27 and I'm loving it!
I was gradually turning off each aid 1 by 1 until I was driving with no aids on my TM.
Since 2008 I'm probably 10-15 seconds per lap faster. All of this with rFactor.
I dabbled with GP4 many times but I could never get it to agree with ANY of my controllers (stick, pad or wheel) so I've completely given up on it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies