Fiberglass Seat vs kart seat for Sim Rig

Hi,

I’m trying to decide of type of seat to buy for my sim rig. I’m currently considering a fiberglass shell seat or a kart seat.
Somehow I cannot find online a formula style seat that would be my first option.
Also I don’t see any of these option regularly here at the forum.
I don’t know if it is for comfort or look or some reason I am missing.

So if you guys could send me some recomendations of seats a respective suppliers.

Thanks

sim-lab.eu is not taking orders until 11 May. The formula seat & cockpit teased in February (https://www.bsimracing.com/sim-lab-teases-upcoming-formula-sim-racing-chassis/) are not yet in their current catalog.

As far as I know, Tillet really is the only source for a standalone laydown car seat because most formula car seats are really built into the chassis and use a foam insert to fit the driver. The Tillet seats, in practice, are bolted into low profile enclosed sports cars rather than formula cars.

R-seat offers a rather nice formula cockpit http://www.rseat.net/formula-cockpit/

Edit: Old-guy rant... I don't see why all the formula cockpits on the market have to be so low to the ground. I find it rather annoying to have to climb down into them and get back up out of them. Our butts shouldn't need to do anything but slip in, just like a normal seat. Guess that's why I'm building (slowly) my own highly adjustable seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I have already a track racer fs3 that I mounted on top of an aluminum profile. I was trying to see if I could find a cheaper option than tillet that is very expensive. But for now it seems the best option.

Upvote 0
Hi, since my last post I found a portuguese company that I am really interested in (Lusomotors).
I think they are developing a formula seat for sim rigs. But I think it will take time and will be expensive. I am thinking of buying another model like their MK2 or MK3. Hopefully it will be around 170 to 220 euros so.
Don't know about their quality but in the pictures they seem impressive.

Upvote 0
AZracing has a nice formula seat but I don't think they sell it separately from their cockpit, goodluck though!
92946493_2530954890555412_8706905122908667904_o.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 33 12.2%