FIA announced the date of WMSC meeting

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
The FIA has announced the date of the council meeting to decide Ferrari's team order's outcome. The meeting will be held on 8 September

Ferrari was fined $100,000 for the illegal use of team orders during the Hockenheim event. Felipe Massa was going on first place, but with a team radio command - 'Alonso is faster than you, can you confirm you understood?' - he slowed down and gave his place to Fernando Alonso.

Ferrari breached article 39.1 of the sporting regulations, which state that "team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited."

After the fine, the Italian Team was also summoned to WMSC.

fia-logo.jpg

Oh dear, I'm sure Ferrari will be very upset at the thought of another $100,000 fine.....Oh, hang on, they probably spend that much on drinks bottles, V.I.P. 'goodie bags' and embossed loo roll......C'Mon, GET REAL, This needs to be stopped, it makes a travesty of F1, try removing some constructors points, that will learn em!

All teams in F1 do the same, so I don't see any point in this meeting at all. Is this a specific F1 rule btw as I see team orders in every WTCC qualification or race :)

My opinion is that the rule suck....they(the teams) put such amounts into winning races it should be the teams choice how to race the race but,the rule is there and if they don't punish Ferrari hard this time they can scrap that rule for the rest of the season and in the future
100.000....i bet that wheel that flew off in the pits cost more.

I don't see team orders being a problem at all.. that's what the Constructors championship is all about.

But there is also a Drivers Championship... I take objection when TEAM orders are used to effect the Drivers Championship in the way Ferrari has. The result, either way made no difference to the Constructors (or Team) championship, but killed any chance of a decent race to the finish, along with the hopes of Massa participating in the Drivers Championship for the rest of the season.

Despite that, I expect Ferrari to escape without futher punishment and for the rule to be removed.

Fortunately the old Ferrari boys will not be part of the meeting, not that it will mean much, maybe the reason is so the leniency that follows is more acceptable to the wider public.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.5%