FFGSC Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success for tobi?
64031146.png

HUGO LEADS, LUKE IN WITH A CHANCE
fBf7xU9ctt.png

Hugo Rossello took pole in a very wet and wild Silverstone qualifying session, but the main storyline is for who starts next to him. Luke Rosella is the last driver in with a shot to take the title from Joseph Wright, and it couldn't be better for the Australian, Wright will be starting 14 spots behind him. However, it will be hard to discount the Brit as he races in front of his home fans, and the word in the paddock is that SNL have a strong race setup.
Nathan Cornes led the Falcon duo of Rinneaho and Utzer, the Finn starting to get his season together while Falcon are looking to either sneak second overall or at least secure third. Daniel Harvey is sixth for DTK, while Aidan Keranen, Stephan Bohner, Matt Bailey and Manolis Sigoulakis see out the ten. For Bailey and Prifelli, this could be a golden chance to claw back some ground to SNL overall as well.

FFGSC British Sprint

SNL CLEAN OUT IN BRITAIN
I4oNOLfqqm.png

Joseph Wright recorded his worst finish all season in FFGSC, but it mattered little as he found himself taking the title in front of his adoring home fans. Luke Rosella was his closest competitor, but the Australian had yet another shocking day that has been a hallmark of the second half of the season for Prifelli.
At the front, Hugo Rossello took a second victory of the season, the Frenchman looking to finish off strongly and push for a top 5 or higher position. He did enough to hold out Nathan Cornes and Ben Utzer, two drivers also trying to sure up their overall positions with just a single race to go after this.
BRT boss Tobi Kederer gave his all, leading the way for BRT, however his efforts were for very little, only gaining a single point on DTK as they attempt to chase down the bright yellow team, as well as Optima getting a large amount of points. Jack Laskey was fifth, while Manolis Sigoulakis had a strong result in sixth. Tim Engberink was just ahead of Jordan Bradford who recovered from last in qualifying, while Matt Bailey's ninth also allowed SNL to take the team title. Daniel Harvey was the final point scorer.
With that, no championship is alive heading into the final race, and only pride is on the line for the racers!

POLE FOR BEN IN BELGIUM
3l4fALiedN.png

Ben Utzer will start the final round on a high with pole at Spa-Francorchamps. The German driver took a closely fought pole battle with team bosses Aidan Keranen and Oorjit Mishra, while the newly crowned champion Joseph Wright will start from fourth, remarkably chasing only his second win for the season too.
Omer Said will be flying the BRT flag as they have one last shot at championship positioning, while Tim Engberink has made it two Keranen's in the top ten, ahead of Tapio Rinneaho and Jack Laskey. Sasha Jednak took ninth for Optima, while Manolis Sigoulakis kept the unfortunate Luke Rosella out of the top ten.

FFGSC Belgian Sprint

AN OPTIMUM ENDING
oED7KULP4a.png
Oorjit Mishra finished a sweep of the final round of races for Team Optima, in the process joining Prifelli with three victories this season. The Indian team gave their boss something to work with, overcoming earlier bad luck in the season to take home a trophy, in the process hitting fifth overall as well as lifting Mishra off the bottom of the drivers table.
Aidan Keranen came home for a first podium for him and his eponymous team, efforts enough for Keranen Motorsport to hit eighth overall. Ben Utzer also was on the podium, his second for the round, a 30 point haul from the two races seeing him catapult into second place from a generally respectible sixth.
Jack Laskey brought home the chocolates for DTK, pulling away from Omer Said in a classic DTK/BRT tussle, while fifth for Said helped him bookend the season with exactly that position and very little worth reading inbetween.
Joseph Wright finished his title winning season with sixth, comfortably ahead of James McNamara. Tapio Rinneaho was across in eighth and would have no doubt sighed in relief as a mere 11 seconds later Matt Bailey was across in 19th, a bumper finish in the midfield, including just over 5 seconds between 11th and 19th too.

With that, Season 1 comes to a close. Official ending is on the way.

Give us feedback! There will no doubt be a raft of changes for Season 2, this is by no means a finished product! Let us know about anything (or everything, not looking at anyone *cough* Stephan) that you feel from these ten races. Personally there is a lot we can build upon, that's how I see it.

First of all, thanks to @Aidan Keranen for hosting this series, brought on of the most fun series back to the forum games and gave something to look forward to over the week

Now, there isn't much wrong with the format itself, 2 quick races a week is good enough and requires way less time than commentating a whole race like in the original ffg. What both these series have in common is a problem which isn't easy to fix: the car upgrades/setups. Over the past ffg seasons we saw a meta develop that either the team who got lucky to win races early snowballed on to dominate the championship or teams just fully gave up on quallifying, focussed purely on race bhp and eventually created such an overspeed that they could win races while starting on the last row, now although it's an effective strategy imo it isn't realistic and although i wouldn't call it toxic, it's surely not healthy for the series as teams who tried something else earlier have almost no chance of catching up eventually. The capped of BHP upgrades and the resets every round killed that strategy, but it kinda forced us to another path, the 50/50 split worked well for prifelli, but as i had to test keimola i could also test out some tactics and i noticed that focussing on qually bhp was practically the way to go. I noticed that if you ended up higher on the grid, but didn't spend everything on qually you would have enough horsepower in the races to compensate the overspeed teams running mostly race bhp have, making you able to stay in front while they struggle to get up the grid. And as we can judge from the skills graph in the first post, eventually most of us caught on to that idea. I wouldn't say the setup resets is essentially bad, but i think it needs some adjustments to make different strategies viable instead of forcing 1 kind of meta. I'm not quite sure what could fix it, but i'm defenitely gonna put some thought into it to see if this problem can be fixed

Tldr: series is great, setup rules just need some adjustments to make more strategies viable

Imo driver skill points are too low to make a difference. Taking that from the GPGSL, where boost (driver boost = +X on both qs and rs) only made a difference when X was at 200 (initially 50, later 100). Obviously it won't make a difference if everyone focuses on the same, but 200 on qs should very likely give you the advantage over someone with 200 on rs. While with 80 chances are it just won't matter.

Also perks for BRT.

First of all, thanks to @Aidan Keranen for hosting this series, brought on of the most fun series back to the forum games and gave something to look forward to over the week

Now, there isn't much wrong with the format itself, 2 quick races a week is good enough and requires way less time than commentating a whole race like in the original ffg. What both these series have in common is a problem which isn't easy to fix: the car upgrades/setups. Over the past ffg seasons we saw a meta develop that either the team who got lucky to win races early snowballed on to dominate the championship or teams just fully gave up on quallifying, focussed purely on race bhp and eventually created such an overspeed that they could win races while starting on the last row, now although it's an effective strategy imo it isn't realistic and although i wouldn't call it toxic, it's surely not healthy for the series as teams who tried something else earlier have almost no chance of catching up eventually. The capped of BHP upgrades and the resets every round killed that strategy, but it kinda forced us to another path, the 50/50 split worked well for prifelli, but as i had to test keimola i could also test out some tactics and i noticed that focussing on qually bhp was practically the way to go. I noticed that if you ended up higher on the grid, but didn't spend everything on qually you would have enough horsepower in the races to compensate the overspeed teams running mostly race bhp have, making you able to stay in front while they struggle to get up the grid. And as we can judge from the skills graph in the first post, eventually most of us caught on to that idea. I wouldn't say the setup resets is essentially bad, but i think it needs some adjustments to make different strategies viable instead of forcing 1 kind of meta. I'm not quite sure what could fix it, but i'm defenitely gonna put some thought into it to see if this problem can be fixed

Tldr: series is great, setup rules just need some adjustments to make more strategies viable

It's because your car can be only 16 hp better than other and 16 hp is not that lot at the race in my opinion if it would be around 50-100 it would be easier to go for race hp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Trophies