FFB Reversed in ACC (with VRS DirectForce Pro)

Had a power outage yesterday (thanks Hurricane Ian) and upon bringing everything back online my force feedback is inverted in ACC using a VRS Direct Force Pro wheel. The steering is not inverted, the actual FFB is so you are constantly fighting to keep the car straight and it will naturally pull you in to corners.

What I have done so far:
Hard reboots
Different USB ports
Reinstalled the VRS firmware (multiple times)
Tried running an earlier VRS firmware
Reinstalled all the controls in ACC (including deleting controls.json file)
Tried inverting steering in ACC....Interesting in the FFB seemed to be correct but not exactly going to be fast turning left to steer right

Please help!

Last edited:
Well, the behavior above is consistent across any sim, not just ACC. Tried AC, RF2, and Raceroom; all have the inverted FFB feel.

I have attempted to uninstall and then wipe the registry of anything associated with the DirectForce Pro, restart, and then reinstall. Did not change the behavior, however I can`t say that my competence is the highest for using RegEdit and am happy for any clear instructions to try again! I am currently dead in the water so any help is appreciated

I can't really help but if you think it could be a software issue:

If you a spare hard drive or enough space left on your hard drive to make room for another partition:

Google how to do this and install a fresh Windows for dual boot.
It's a bit complicated..
- disable fast boot/startup in the advanced power plan settings

- disable secure boot in the bios

- download a Windows 10 image for free

- install it and say you don't have a key. You can use a fresh install for I think 30 days without any key!

- install steam and one of the problematic Sims completely from scratch on that new Windows partition

- try if it works correctly

It's not really a guide but hopefully gives you enough keywords to be able to install a dual boot windows for a quick test.
Iirc you can install the second windows from within your current windows! It will then reboot at some point and you'll be able to choose from 2 installs when booting.

You need to have fast startup and secure boot disabled though!

• Deleted member 197115

Could be hardware problem, you mentioned power outage, was wheel connected to the power line at that time, may be something fried inside. Contact VRS support.

Could be hardware problem, you mentioned power outage, was wheel connected to the power line at that time, may be something fried inside. Contact VRS support.
Yeah, it was connected with a surge protector but that (hardware failure) is ultimately my fear. I have contacted VRS, just trying to do anything I can in the interim to see if I can get back up and running. Did a system restore this morning after the F1 race to no improvement, so think I am just dead in the water at this stage

Yeah, it was connected with a surge protector but that (hardware failure) is ultimately my fear. I have contacted VRS, just trying to do anything I can in the interim to see if I can get back up and running. Did a system restore this morning after the F1 race to no improvement, so think I am just dead in the water at this stage
System Restore Point never worked for anything for me personally..
If you want to be sure it's NOT Software related, you'll have to install a fresh, second Windows on another partition.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 18.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%