FFB effects appear to 'loop' in certain cars e.g. Lotus Elise. Is this a bug?

I have recently bought a DD wheel and it is awesome.

Now I am over the blown away stage and have managed to tear myself away from the F2004 to try some other cars, I now notice that some of the feedback effects, for some cars, appear to 'loop'. This is especially noticable when sliding. It feels the effect lasts for around a second and repeats. It is extremely regular and lasts the same regardless of location and speed. Like a canned effect.

If people want to test, the effect is noticable on the Lotus Elise. The Lotus 3-11, on the other hand, is perfect.

Is it a bug? If so is there any way to fix?

Thanks!

What FFB settings do you use? There's nothing in AC that should be able to do that, that isn't clearly labeled "effect".

Hey dude

I am just using standard FFB settings. It is very distinctive. I play AMS2, ACC and AC. I know the ffb are different between sims/cars but they are not that different. This looping effect of a small number of cars in AC feels very distinct. It's like AMS2, ACC and vast magority of AC cars have normal ffb effects and then there's a minority of AC cars with this weird effect.

What I am not sure about is whether it is my system that I have bugged. If you don't mind trying something for me, load up the standard (Kunos) Lotus Elise and drift around a long corner. (When I say drift, I mean drive poorly, hard breaking whilst losing traction facing the wrong way as you slide laterally around the corner.) For me, the effect feels like it is looping/repeating; it is far too regular to be a natural effect.

Especially trying pretty much an other car e.g. Kunos' Lotus 3 11 and causing the same loss of traction, the slip effect feels natural.

I wonder if there a some cars that have a borked effect. Or is it my system?

Thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea