• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured Ferrari Threaten F1 Exit in Light of New Liberty Media Plans

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +255
    Because they need privileges to compete? Because they complain about everything that isn’t what they propose?

Maybe they should rethink about having standard parts in their engine. It’s not like they are reliable neither they can top the game, even with their privileges.

They got to do a good (maybe the best) car this year but, as it has been since lot of years, their attitude manage to ruin it all. Fernando said it few years ago, they weren’t ready to win another championship. He looks to be right.

And I’m starting to think that all they have won is related to movements in the dark that has nothing to do with fair play...

But it’s just my opinion. And I like what Ferrari theorically represents. And I want a Ferrari too:inlove:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frietpan

Frietpan

Ratings:
    +6
    I hope the americans tell them to leave anytime they want. And dont bow down to them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +304
    lol.....
    F1 is a load of rubbish, only people who buy all the rubbish about the 'pinnacle'. The best 22 drivers in the world are not all in F1....

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    Actually Formula 1 is NOT a 'Sport', it's a 'Business'.
    And to further discredit Formula 1 under the Poison Dwarf it has become 'Show Business'.
    Marchionne is just another Corporate Bean Counter, who seems to believe in ruling by fear, a fatal flaw.
    And 'Ferrari' did run an Indycar, albeit in a March chassis with it's power plant badged as 'Alfa Romeo', a resounding failure.
    :geek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +55
    As italian and fan of the brand I hope they leave now, not in 2021. There is no point for a brand like this to race in a series where every major element of the cars have to be similar or identical. The money saved can be spent elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't much care for F1 as a spectator, but at minimum, the sheer pain in the butt it takes to actually get a super license to even show up at least sets the bar to... I dunno. Somewhere in the top 1000.

7. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +20
    F1 is overrated anyway, Ferrari can do better without that white elephant.

Btw, surprised why the editor has to include so much bias.
    This in part is setting the tone of the debate, not the actual news.

Anything for copy?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Enagee

Enagee

Ratings:
    +92
    Brexit has given everyone confidence to quit these days.

• Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  9. Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Ratings:
    +21
    Liberty Media will end up watering down their proposals massively seeing as Renault and Mercedes are already said to be pretty much on the same page as Ferrari . And seeing as the 3 of them comprise the engines for all but one team on the grid they kinda hold all the cards . Personally I agree with Liberty Media and think it would be far fairer ( and better for the sport ) to see small teams give it a really good go . But since when are the big teams interested in fairness . They just want utter dominance . But just like any other form of selfish greediness it'll eventually come back to haunt them because that sort of behavior will only end up damaging the very sport that theyre trying to dominate . Greedy people only see the small picture though , hence the term ' blind greed ' .

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    F1 for car manufacturers is a big opportunity to invest in research & development.
    Current hybrid engines layout gives big green fields of new opportunity to improve engine efficiency. The monstre efficiency of 50% has been reached this year thanks to the MGU-H. And we're going to see the technology developed this year in F1 in the road cars of the next 5 years with better efficiency and better electric energy storage technology.
    Liberty Media ideas to make stock parts of the engine is the first step devolve F1 to Formula Indy, killing the technological supremacy of the F1, and much of its appeal.
    Eventually Ferrari will not leave F1, but Marchionne has some points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +338
    Let them go, you can't hold a sport to ransom, Ferrari feel they are bigger than they are..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  12. arniesan

arniesan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Ok, Ferrari have been in F1 since it's birth in 1950; but the history of GP racing goes much further back than that.
    F1 will survive without Ferrari and that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thewarmer

thewarmer

Ratings:
    +70
    But they did built a car to the then Indy format that was quite a costly bluff if it had failed. But Ferrari and the tantrums are so long in the tooth , that some body needs to put them in their place , that was only going to happen after the old guard was removed from running F1.
    Ferrari are not the be all & end all of F1 it would move forwards with out them , not sure if the same could be said for Ferrari , they are no longer the Kings of F1 have been soundly beaten by Mercedes now for five year in a row , just like they were beaten before by Red Bull .

I still thing Ferrari would be better off in LMP racing than F1 if hey could build a winning car that is & with out bending the rules to suit themselves.
    People would have more respect for them if the did some constructive talking towards a working format for all & not just for them.
    I am glad to see they are not been favored anymore both in the amount of money they got from F1 or by the new runners of F1.
    The big teams have money a plenty , so for me the profits from F1 should be shared out favoring the lower teams in an attempt to improve their racing programs & help them move forwards up the grid & not just pocketed by Team awash with cash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Good riddance...
    Please make it happen, I won't miss that spoiled brat who regularly lays on the floor screaming because it's not getting the toys it wants.
    This is Ferrari as far as I'm concerned:

15. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +286
    I read the article that Ferrari are not alone, Mercedes were right with them , inc a few other not named top teams. Frankly, the article explains that the new regulations, and the " NASCAR" type of format Liberty want, does not suit Ferrari Brand, not its F1 brand, but it's core , cars, Italian design and USA design are chalk and cheese, a lot of USA cars are muscle point and squirt cars, or very least round and round, it's suit them, like baseball does, but in Europe it's about monza, spa, Silverstone, and football. ( played with feet and a ball, not an egg) ,

There is a place for liberty plans, but it it takes away Ferrari brand of Marquee cars, why would they stay. " start your engines" and prancing out waving through fanfare isn't Grand Prix.

F1 isn't what I was, it lacks James Hunts, Niki Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve,Ronnie Peterson, and more, of the past, and the "men" of the sport,
    We now have " roman Grossjean" and smart hair do's , gold chains, and probably lipstick. And Halo's! ffs.

Just my opinion, and like the rest, it won't count. $ Rules.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. ronniej

ronniej
    The dude Premium

Ratings:
    +219
    Agreed, however, in the good 'ol days, I believe it was both sport and business combined as it was "the" motorsport to be in regardless.

*I'm not sure what the point of F1 is now...Does anyone else know? (I guess just to see how fast a car can go down a track, but it has lost it's appeal..For me anyways)

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. pitkin

pitkin

Ratings:
    +7
    They're possibly the best 22 drivers who can AFFORD to be if F1...

• Like Like x 1
  18. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +52
    So if they leave next time AC Ferrari celebration DLC no F1 anymore....:geek::geek::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i'm playing Euro truck sim 2, huge map mods with Ferrari mods, i love it...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. jaysm

jaysm
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Liberty may well end up turning F1 into Cart, almost killing it and then selling it back to the Eccelstone's for a quarter of what they paid :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. peppepino

peppepino

Ratings:
    +1
    WHy so many haters of ferrari brand? i assume that is an english speaking forum, so you could get in every inches of hate caused by being beaten in every records.
    Calm down guys. See the picture of data. F1 is Ferrari. Most winning, most pole, most championship, most start. Pretty much "most of everything". F1 could not afford to lose Ferrari. Your hate is here to show that

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1