Faulty Accuforce Pro V2??

Hi guys,

I just took delivery of a used Accuforce Pro V2 on eBay but having issues.

Tried in many different games and all produce crazy grinding and strange metal on metal noises - you can feel mechanical cogging and grinding while it's in use. Similarly, at 100% feedback it's not as strong as my current TS-PC which it obviously should be...

I do not have the Sim Commander 4 Software but as I understand this should function fine without the need for Sim Commander (which I planned on picking up eventually).

I'm reluctant to buy the licence in case that doesn't fix the issue and I'm 70 quid down. Is there anything in here that could possibly fix? The noise is coming from the motor unit itself.

Here's a few videos of AMS 2 where you can hear the grinding noises - coming from the motor.

I've tried unplugging and reseating the connectors multiple times, tried different USB ports, different USB and Power leads etc.

Anyone had similar issues? - worried at the moment that it's broken - it doesn't sound healthy in use at all and feels pretty terrible to drive to be honest :(

Doesn't sound good, but on the drive shaft underneath there is a bolt which can come loose, make sure that is tight, also the software should come from the seller, if thats not possible Simexperience may be able to transfer the licence over with proof. TBH, contact their support they will advise even on second hand hardware.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Mark. I actually reached out to Sim Experience earlier today and they've been super helpful! Provided me with the link you have here and explained what I need to do. Also, confirmed this would transfer any remaining warranty so if Sim Commander doesn't solve the issue I can send to them for repair. Really impressed with their support for second hand stuff - you don't see that too often.

I've been in touch with the seller who has offered to transfer ownership or refund so looking good. Hoping the Sim Commander software makes a difference though!

Cheers for the help

Upvote 0
Good to hear, just check that bolt though, remove your wheel rotate the shaft 180 deg and you will see a hole with a bolt, I am sure I read about similar noises and it was this bolt allowing movement on the shaft, i could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
I get sounds like this and griny feeling if "smoothing" in SC is set too low. And in SC there are also different modes for the strenght of the wheel. So could be that SC Software will solve your problems.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea