Fanatec setup for PS5 - GT7, ACC, F1

Hello,

I want to make the step up in sim racing.
I play on PS5, I know, it's not the extreme sim experience you can dream of, but that won't change, I simply like the plug and play vibe on console and the sim-cade experience, less busy with car setups :D , but in case I want to bother myself, I can always play ACC seriously.

I currently play with a Joypad, so whatever system could make me happy, but I identified the following options for a good sim experience on GT7, ACC and F1.

1690413853619.png

Total: 1579

Few details about my choice:
1. DD Pro is necessary for PS5, there isn't something cheaper with direct drive, I never tried it but it seems making a difference
2. I will play mostly GT series and F1, so the McLaren steering wheel seems the best choice
3. The QR1 part is necessary, the lite one seems snapping and low quality due to being made in plastic (Fanatec really surprised everyone with that)
4. The pedals have enough features for a good sim racing experience, I don't think I'd like something inferior
This user mentions that it's not so great, but I've never heard of that, what do you think? https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ps5-sim-racing.214938/#post-3472054
5. The driving frame/sit was chosen on purpose, I know it's light and it may move, but people online have managed with the straps and it's very stable, the key benefit is that it supports GT and F1 driving position, it's also foldable to a certain degree in a minute...
It's the only one at that price and with so many features.

------

Funny story is that I also miss the TV, I currently have a Dell 27" 165hz IPS 2K (but faster than most TNs, really a great one), fantastic monitor but probably too small...
In case of a TV, I was looking at Samsung QN90B, 4K 120hz, I want to stay away from OLED due to burn-in, this issue seems not completely solved...
Price: 950
I don't think I'll make the switch initially, but at some point, I think I'll require it, the distance I'd be playing is around 85-95cm (considering the sit and steering wheel), quite a lot but I'm kind of fine at the moment, I can feel the eye strain only after an hour or so and I need to move a bit forward, I don't think I'll be able to do it with the frame.

I live in UK and I'd need to pay customs from EU, but they would be nullified by the currency conversion, so, kind of correct prices here.

Any recommendation? Would you do something else with this budget?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%