F1 2011 Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi.
So originally I didn't want to make this post but from looking on the web I have found very limited information on the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 when playing F1 2011.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum who plays the game using this wheel? If so, how do the buttons work? I noticed that it is compatible with the game but on the wheel itself there is no directional pad (no obvious one at least). So I wasn't sure if it would work properly when changing the fuel mix's etc. I know you can individually assign each button so it shouldn't really be a problem. but I would like to know the opinion of people who already use the wheel to play F1 2011 before I go spending that kind of money.

Thanks.

I have the GT3 RS V2 which is the same wheel without the xbox 360 compatability.

This is from the gt2 manual:-

All the buttons can be remapped on the PC version, i changed the kers and drs buttons so they are on the opposite sides of the wheel (L2 and triangle from the pic).

Hope that helps.

I use my GT2 for both F1 2011 and FM3 (soon to be FM4).

You need to use two different set-ups (I use S_1 for FM and S_5 for F1).

For FM:
SEN
FF
SHO
DRI
OFF
ABS
LIN
DEA
SPR
DPR

Set the in-game FF settings to match your taste (will likely be between 50 and 90%).

For F1:

SEN
FF
SHO
DRI
OFF
ABS
LIN
DEA
SPR
DPR

Again - set the in-game to match your taste. Will likely be in the 10-50% range.

Hi.
So originally I didn't want to make this post but from looking on the web I have found very limited information on the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 when playing F1 2011.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum who plays the game using this wheel? If so, how do the buttons work? I noticed that it is compatible with the game but on the wheel itself there is no directional pad (no obvious one at least). So I wasn't sure if it would work properly when changing the fuel mix's etc. I know you can individually assign each button so it shouldn't really be a problem. but I would like to know the opinion of people who already use the wheel to play F1 2011 before I go spending that kind of money.

Thanks.
The GT2 works great on F12011. There is a great wheel setup here http://www.fanatecwheel.com/settings from someone named Black Focus. I use it and it is smooth. His post says he is using the Turbo S, but the settings are pretty much the same as GT2. I use the A and B buttons for DRS and KERS respecfully. That way is nice cause you can use A and B like a rocker switch with your right thumb. It's handy because you use the two features together a lot of times. :cool: P.S. Do yourself a favor and buy the original Clubsport Pedals. They are a work of art. Do not buy the Standards..they will fail eventually within 2-3 months, well for most people. Fanatec reduced them down $20, but I think they should have taken them off the market as they reflect badly on their name. The CSP's on the other hand will have you smiling from ear to ear. They are really something!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%