Fanatec Handbrake Cable

My Fanatec handbrake is positioned on the left of my PlaySeat, and the cable is rather tight.
I forgot about the cable and moved the seat, resulting in damaging the 3.5mm plug.

I wanted to buy a new cable, but due to a mix of price and length I decided the try and make my own.
I bought a cable that had a 3.5mm plug (at a right angle so its not stuck too far out) on one end and bare wires on the other, so I could crimp my own RJ connector.

The bare wires consist of 3 wires, white, yellow and red.

I removed the old cable and realised it had 4 wires, white, red, green and black.

Now, the plug has 3 contact areas so I presumed only 3 wires, so not sure why it has 4.

Has anyone changed it over or made a new one and know which wire is which, before I use a continuity tester to check myself?

Last edited:
Anyone have an update on this.. I have a 10k pot going straight to my DD1 and I have to wiggle the wires a bit in order for it to read. So far what I have is

Pin 1 - Ground
Pin 5 - Signal
Pin 6 - Power

My RJ12 cable I made does have wires in Pins 1,2,5,6... I didnt short 1 and 2 yet... Dont want to cause an issue with my DD.. Looking for an update

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back