Fanatec GT3 RS V1 Compared to newer wheels

Hello RD.

I've recently come back to simracing after a few years away. I have a Fanatec GT3 RS V1 with Clubsport V1 Pedals. How does this wheel compare to wheels such as the Fanatec CSL Elite and Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition? I mainly play Assetto Corsa and Raceroom on PC, but i'm also looking to play GT Sport using a Drive Hub.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded from the Fanatec CSR, which I think may be comparable to the RS, to the Fanatec ClubSport series and have been nothing short of amazed. The feel and response is immediately noticeable in the wheel. I was a bit slower at first because I was not compensating for the wheel as it turned out I was doing with the Forza CSR. Hitting my apexes, using curbs and even mild contact are more manageable right out of the box. The car is more stable as it doesn't have the skittish feeling it did before, now some of this may be attributed to settings that may or may not have been applied to the CSR but how much I tend to think little if at all. The load cell brake allows greater feel as threshold and trail braking are better achieved without lock up and improved control. I was a bit hesitant in the cost and watched a number of videos and read an equal amount of reviews and in the end it was a worthwhile investment as it has made the experience sooooo much better, and I am a bit quicker in comparing hot lap times.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back