1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec GT2 losing connection

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by danspach, Jan 15, 2017.

1. danspach

danspach

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the "level-one" post fellas. I've spent hours trying to narrow down the issue. I have a GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals and the latest driver and firmware (756 and 261, I believe). When I go into the Fanatec control panel in Windows before starting any sim, it sees the pedals and they all check out and when I open the wheel dialog it does fine when I turn the wheel one way but then when I turn it back the other, it seems to lose the connection and the wheel diagram stops reacting to me turning the wheel.

I think this is probably one of those silly hardware related things as I've been pretty thorough on the software side. It doesn't work with iRacing, Assetto, DirtRally or PCars. I have a newer Asus ROG laptop. Whats the rule these days with cabling? Do I need to have a certain spec USB cable to make sure everything works fine? I've used the setup (wheel/pedals/laptop before but it seems to have an issue now.

Thanks!

Dave

2. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +93
    I believe that early Fanatec kit prefer USB2 ports so if you have a spare one try that.

Also in the PC power options go into advanced settings and try this little USB trick to stop windows from turning ports off - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Ok hope this helps get this sorted mate, if not I am sure another member will have the correct answer for you.

Jason.