Fanatec f1 wheel vibration motor nightmare..

HI

I was wondering why I had no vibrations on one side of the f1 wheel so I decided to open it up and found this... wire vut. Is there a chance to solder those thin wires or should I go for a replacement ? any idea where to get the parts ? the one for PS usually have short cables compares to Fanatec ones..

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_150027.jpg
    IMG_20211030_150027.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 269
HI

I was wondering why I had no vibrations on one side of the f1 wheel so I decided to open it up and found this... wire vut. Is there a chance to solder those thin wires or should I go for a replacement ? any idea where to get the parts ? the one for PS usually have short cables compares to Fanatec ones..
You should be able to solder those back together. Just strip the ends by 10mm or so wrap them together and put a small amount of solder. The cover with electrical tape (or heat shrink). Plenty of YouTube tutorials on it.

It'll make the wires slightly shorter though so you'll need to make sure they have enough tolerance before you do it.

Then make sure you don't cut them again accidentally when putting it back together!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.