Fanatec Elite Base general dimensions and diagram

Ahead of the receipt of my Elite base and Formula wheel from the US (courtesy of a very public spirited boss bringing it over in his luggage on his next visit) I need to prep my rig frame in order to fit it.

My intention is to mount it such that the wheel axis is horizontal, or at least near it. For that I need the basic dimensions and the reference angle and height of the wheel boss from the mounting holes. The site doesn't quote it and as I haven't received it can't quote the serial number so can't use the online chat to ask Fanatec.

Do any general diagrams exist to help me?

Cheers

Les

if you mean the drilling guide, that's not what I need - I need a diagram showing the side elevation, with the wheel axis and the nominal plane of the wheel as datums, then the distance back and down from that to the front set of holes, plus the angle that the mounting face is at compared to the wheel axis. It would also be good to have general case dimensions to make sure I give enough room

When I go onto the Fanatec site, these are the only available downloads

DOWNLOADS

Manuals
CSL Elite Wheel Base Quick Guide
CSL Elite Wheel Base Manual

Drivers
Fanatec Driver 64bit v310
Fanatec Driver 32bit v310
Fanatec Driver 32bit v293
Fanatec Driver 64bit v293

Drilling Template
CSL Elite Wheel Base adapter 3 hole to 4 hole pattern
CSL Elite Wheel Base drilling template A3
CSL Elite Wheel Base drilling template A4

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
Guys, I got the details direct from Fanatec, and I will be making a 3d .stl file of the base that can be used to help with working out the best way to attach the base. I can also come up with a diagram showing the cardinal dimensions with datums if needed

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
Guys, I got the details direct from Fanatec, and I will be making a 3d .stl file of the base that can be used to help with working out the best way to attach the base. I can also come up with a diagram showing the cardinal dimensions with datums if needed

Cheers

Les
Could you share the files you got from fantec? If not here send me an email? I am trying to fit my base into the team's simulator rig for our Formula Student car. Email: lars.vanderlee@revolve.no

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea