Fanatec DD mounting

Hi,
Was wondering how you guys that have a Fanatec DD have mounted it, as it doesn't come with a mount (a bit crappy tbh) myself I have used the mount from my V2,5 CSW, I am looking at options to mount it differently.

Thanks in advance
Kurvz

Why should it come with a mount? The DD is supposed to be mounted to a rig using the mounting holes the unit has on both sides and also bottom. Works for pretty much any rig.

Upvote 0
Why should it come with a mount? The DD is supposed to be mounted to a rig using the mounting holes the unit has on both sides and also bottom. Works for pretty much any rig.

Ok so why does a v2.5 come with a mount for the bottom when it can also be mounted without the mount ?

Bonus I guess

Upvote 0
I think it's more a case that ideally you wouldn't want customers to be mounting a DD servo via a desk clamping system. It would have inherent flex using that type of method as opposed to directly mounting it to your rig/desk.

Upvote 0
The back of my base sits on the rigs wheel base board, so I guess that eliminates the up and down, but without the mount the angle was all wrong for me

Upvote 0
Ok so why does a v2.5 come with a mount for the bottom when it can also be mounted without the mount ?

Bonus I guess

Sorry, my response might have been a bit blunt. I think the idea is to install the DD base directly to a rig to avoid flex. There is so much more power compared to a v2.5. I went from v2.5 to DD2. and had to get the Podium mount from Sim Lab for my GT1 Evo - the DD2 was too much for the original wheel plate.

I hope you get your installation working well.

Upvote 0
Hi no worries mate thanks for the reply, I have it mounted on my rig with the 2.5 mount and its solid, but the angle is not optimal, I may get a side bracket made up, so will post the results if it gets done. Thanks again

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea