Fanatec DD firmware update hanging

Guys, I'm doing a firmware update on my DD, V3 pedals and F1 wheel, and it is stuck showing the egg timer on the screen and a flashing 'CAL' message on the wheel - no instructions, buttons unresponsive, nothing

Any ideas?

Les

The wheel would not respond to anything. In the end, I just had to go for a complete power off cycle and hope that I had not bricked the lot. Luckily for me that did the job, although it had not finished updating the firmware. I got the firmware to complete, but I won't lie, I was sweating until it was all satisfactorily done and all working correctly. That wasn't a pleasant half hour wondering if all my expensive was just a doorstop now....

Les

I am in the same situation with the CSL DD ready to race bundle. Do you think I should hold down the power button until it turns off? Should I try to quit the stuck Fanatec Firmware Manager "please wait...." program first?
When I tried to close it, it said "Premature exit warning: Existing in the middle of an automatic update procedure is not recommended! Are you sure you want to exit now?"

update..
i force quit it. Windows asked me if I wanted to allow "fanatec driver" or something like that to make modifications. I said yes. The Fanatec control panel app appeared and said the wheel base and wheel base motor (but not the quick release firmware) were up to date.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea