Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base spare parts

So I've got a Fanatec CSL Elite that has a minor problem as of late.

When removing my wheel from the wheel base the female connector was pulled all the way to the end of the shaft. I can easily poke it back and here a quiet clipping sound but this is worrying since it happens every time now and one day I fear it will pull out entirely with cables included.

I've included an image for reference (circled in green just in case I wasn't clear). As you can see in the yellow circle, there's a little cable peeking where I don't think it should be peeking.

I've contacted Fanatec support who said I will have to send it in for repairs but that's not entirely possible for me. I either just need the spare part or some way to fix this. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200824.jpg
    20200824.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 611
I was wondering have you been able to solve the problem? I am experiencing a similar problem with the female connection socket and I think of replacing it, warranty is unfortunately expired, but I would happyly to do some fiddling myself. Has fanatec supplied you with a replacement socket assembly?

Upvote 0
Sadly Fanatec wasn't much help with sending replacements. However, I found a person that was local to me (who made DIY gear such as pedals) and was experienced with electronics. I don't know exactly what he did but it was along the lines of setting a screw in the shaft where the quick release screw goes. That ended up holding the female connector in place so it doesn't pull out anymore.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Upvote 0
I don’t suppose you have a picture of the female connection all the way out so I can see how it locates? I have an issue with mine not Making a good connection and need to remove it to try and solve the issue, I’ll be buggered if I can get it out! My whole base is in a million pieces right now and this is the only thing stopping me, alternatively if you could put me in touch with the guy who fixed it for you this would be great

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 104 91.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 20 17.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 42 36.8%