Fanatec Clubsport V3 throttle squeaking sound, how to fix?

I don't know what to do to get rid of that sound. It's very irritating. I have lithium grease but I don't know where to apply it. Or maybe it's a matter of tightening any screw?

Just apply where the metal arm makes contact with each other. Press the pedal with your hand, and you can see where on both side of the pedal arm there is some parts that overlap. Spray a bit of silicon spray (or lithium grease like you say, but I use(d) wet PTFE lubricant) in there and press a few times and you should have it fall in between where the squeak is coming from. It was super annoying for me too. At one stage I used dry silicon spray but this only lasted a day or two. Then I bought Wet PTFE lubricant (spray can with long nozzle) which is the same thing but wetter, and it lasted for months. Barely needed to touch it again. I used lithium grease for the brake assembly and the PTFE for the clutch and throttle.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I don't know exactly what part you mean. As regard the lube, I just have the tiny jar with grease that came with my Fanatec pedals. It's a thick material and hard to apply. Maybe it would be better to dissasemble the pedals and then apply the grease.

Upvote 0
I don't know exactly what part you mean. As regard the lube, I just have the tiny jar with grease that came with my Fanatec pedals. It's a thick material and hard to apply. Maybe it would be better to dissasemble the pedals and then apply the grease.
If u are using grease that came with them, pull the set screw & pin put grease on the flat sides of the part that slides up in the pedal housing ( it's metal to metal contact grease there) Should stop the squeaking.

Upvote 0
v3 1.png

v3 2.png

Follow the arrows, they all point to the same part, but some are clearer than others. No need to disassemble any parts for this, it will work provided you use the right stuff and you hit the right spot. On both sides of the pedal.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Haha wow this is a blast from the past! Glad it helped someone, not least of all you, kind sir @Mascot . When I had my V3's it drove me mad, blame the stabbing of the throttle driving Dirt Rally back in the day. A can of PTFE should be in every sim racers arsenal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%