Fanatec Clubsport shifter mount

Looking to buy a mounting solution for my Fanatec shifter and I cannot decided which is better, the more expensive version from Sim Lab:
1589786122967.png

This allows me to tilt the shift (althought I don't know how useful this will be?) Or a cheaper alternative:
1589786206781.png

The cheaper alternative mounts from the base but costs £20.00 less so I don't know which to go for...

Looking to buy a mounting solution for my Fanatec shifter and I cannot decided which is better, the more expensive version from Sim Lab:
View attachment 373840
This allows me to tilt the shift (althought I don't know how useful this will be?) Or a cheaper alternative:
View attachment 373841
The cheaper alternative mounts from the base but costs £20.00 less so I don't know which to go for...
Need a little help with this picture ... what type of rig are you trying to mount it on/in???

Upvote 0
I'd go for the SIM Lab version. It's worth the extra money for the tilt adjustment, plus it can be reoriented 90 degrees. Once you sit in your seat, you'll be surprised just how much you'll yourself reaching out to the gearshifter (and other peripherals) and wanting to move it ever so slightly to get the right feel just right.

Upvote 0
my own 8020 design, i can accommodate both quite easily, the design is similar to a P1-X/ GT1
Sorry, I forgot about your other "8020 posting". I think you might want to evaluate the side-rail mounting (where you going to mount the shifter) and switch the back vertical member to attach to the end of the horizontal member to allow for height adjustment of shifter. Unless your design length for the vertical height is exactly what you want, you might find that whatever seat you impacts this location.

See my other response (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/opinions-on-my-8020-rig-design.183667/page-4#post-3183769)

Attachments

• SimRig8020-051520-Modela.jpg
    SimRig8020-051520-Modela.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 304
  • SimRig8020-051520-Modela.png
    SimRig8020-051520-Modela.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
I'd go for the SIM Lab version. It's worth the extra money for the tilt adjustment, plus it can be reoriented 90 degrees. Once you sit in your seat, you'll be surprised just how much you'll yourself reaching out to the gearshifter (and other peripherals) and wanting to move it ever so slightly to get the right feel just right.
yeah I think I made my mind up on this one, I'll stick with the sim lab mount

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes