Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 - what initial config?

Hi all,

So my new pedals arrived today. I got the damper for the brake pedal and performance pack also.

What's a good starting configuration?

Wondering how people have got on with the pedal extensions included also? Thinking it makes the most sense to match the pedals as close as possible to my road car because I know how to drive that fast on track. (it has a floor-mounted throttle but inverted clutch and brake - but the spacing is probably most important)

James

I don't use damper. But one thick green and one thick red.
Metal pedal faces attached to the extensions. Extensions are food for getting the pedals into a more upright GT position. May or may not apply to you.

Check boosted media youtube Chanel. He goes through it all in good detail.

Upvote 0
IMHO if you set the comp kit up to replicate the feel of 'real car' you will probably find it is so stiff (with minimal travel) that damper kit will be pretty useless. However, you can move the damper over to the Throttle Pedal to give it a slightly more realistic feel. Also, you will probably want to drive with thin sole shoes (i.e. Puma Drift Cats, etc Cheaper than real racing shoes) since the stiff brake will tire feet with sox out rather quickly. I agree with GEO147 about utilizing the extensions, they allowed me to replicate very closely my S2000 pedal arrangement. Look into changing out the springs to the stiffer springs and shortening the throttle pedal travel. These great pedals for the price and allow quite a bit of customization.

Upvote 0
So, in the end, I've gone for the existing standard PU foam and a 13mm green. Along with the damper set to 4 and winding up the preload — it feels pretty damn close to my road car.

I haven't tried the damper on the throttle — but I don't understand how that can be "realistic" as the throttle on my car feels exactly the same. Even on my classic car, with cable throttle — it doesn't have any kind of "damping" present.

Still need to try out the pedal extensions — and am interested in shortening the throttle pedal.

Upvote 0
So, in the end, I've gone for the existing standard PU foam and a 13mm green. Along with the damper set to 4 and winding up the preload — it feels pretty damn close to my road car.

I haven't tried the damper on the throttle — but I don't understand how that can be "realistic" as the throttle on my car feels exactly the same. Even on my classic car, with cable throttle — it doesn't have any kind of "damping" present.

Still need to try out the pedal extensions — and am interested in shortening the throttle pedal.
I used the damper to stiffen up the throttle (maybe 'realistic' was a bad choice of wording), since I drive with shoes (It had always felt quite light to me or maybe my S2000 has a heavy return spring ):unsure:

Upvote 0
I used the Green 12 + Green 13 for Brake, with heavy springs on Throttle (+ Damper) and Clutch, with Pedal Extensions all pedals and D-Pads on Brake and Clutch only. But, like I mentioned earlier I drive with light weight/thin soled shoes (Puma Scuderia Ferrari Drift Cat 5 Ultra II Men's Shoes About $60). Sox don't work for me anymore, sessions are too long. Also, see Sim Racing Garage Review (
), around 43:30 he will show you how to adjust throttle throw.

Upvote 0
Put the extensions and D-pads on and it feels really good. Installed the extensions on their "highest" setting and the set is pretty reasonable for heel-toe.

It's a shame the D-pads can't be moved about — as what I could really do with is the brake D-pad 10-15mm to the right. I guess I could drill some extra holes in the extension.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes