• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.
RD GT CHAMPIONSHIP (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation by clicking here.

Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v3 --> Brake Performance Kit installation issues

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by stbdudu, Oct 26, 2017.

  1. stbdudu

    stbdudu

    Messages:
    7
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear community,

    I´ve just received my BPK for the v3 pedals.
    To install everything, I worked through the manual and followed every step. So far so good.
    But when I tried to re-adjust the braking cylinder behind the lever, there was not enough space. There is so much preload, that I´m not able to insert the thin bolt.
    On the other hand, even I´ll be able to insert the thin bolt, there will already be a more or less big preload on the loadcell.
    I´ve checked several times, that the preload screw is in it´s lowest position.

    Could anybody help?

    PS: Even with the two original polyurethane springs I have a small preload, but I´m able to compress the springs to insert the thin bolt again.
     
  2. Jeremy Ford

    Jeremy Ford

    Messages:
    161
    Ratings:
    +36
    What your describing is normal, getting the bolt back in is really tight. insert a screwdriver and use that as a lever to line up the holes then insert the bolt. Once complete, readjust the brake min/max settings in the control panel.
     
  3. stbdudu

    stbdudu

    Messages:
    7
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks. Good to hear, that´s not my fault ;)
    So I will try the workaround with the screwdriver. I had the same idea yesterday, but I was not sure, whether this is the right way :whistling:
    In general I would say, there should be a small design change on the preload screw, to achieve more play between lever and cylinder in lowest position. This new lower position could be named as "maintenance position". :thumbsup:
     
  4. stbdudu

    stbdudu

    Messages:
    7
    Ratings:
    +1
    Back from work...

    I´ve tested small PU and twice red elastomers. For me it was much to stiff.
    Now I´m using one original PU and a Ø13mm red elastomer.
    So far it works fine for me.
     
  5. manc0ntr0

    manc0ntr0

    Messages:
    122
    Ratings:
    +10
    I had the same problem and I didn't want to damage the metal or the painting, so, I used one of this to be able to pull the cylinder and pass the bolt. Don't know what's this name, translate tells me 'shoelace'.

    [​IMG]
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. demetri

    demetri
    Premium

    Messages:
    159
    Ratings:
    +81
    I used two 2.5mm allen wrenches to get the black block back into its place and avoid damaging the vibro-motor cable. I placed those wrenches inside the pedal lever parallel to the cable and used them as some sort of rails to slide the block on them. The clearance was exactly what was needed to align the holes in the lever and the block.I think Fanatec should have put something like that into their BPK to avoid people having installation problems and damaging the cable. Would have cost them just a few cents probably.