Fanatec BMW GT3 wheel

Just announced during the BMW Sim Live 2020. More info will follow --> check here https://bmw.fanatec.com/

Fanatec BMW wheel.jpg

Fanatec BMW wheel in car.jpg

Last edited:
No doubt, this will have a hefty price tag, it was developed alongside BMW so if it's good enough for the BMW GT4 customer racing teams then its gonna cost a fortune for sim racers too.

I couldn't order one out here anyway. Fanatec, in their infinite wisdom, decided that only 4 main parts of the world exist for global sales and shipping. Australia, Europe, United States and Japan.

Upvote 0
I feel very lucky not to be a fan of GT3, F1 and other modern racing cars. Some makers have found that users are ready to pay 500, 1000, 2000€ for this kind of wheels, something that sounds to me like crazy and nonsense. I use a MOMO Montecarlo 320 which costs 190€ and now I have purchased a OMP Corsica for just 150€, and I'm sure they are far more comfortable, elegant and versatile than those toys full of buttons and lights.

Upvote 0
Looks cool, can't imagine it's in any way affordable. Doesn't look like it will work with CSW wheelbase.

I'd like to buy wheels like this that are replicas of real wheels, but this seems a bit OTT. I have a decent wheel set now, the old BMW wheel (needs a shifter mod) and the McLaren wheel (with no issues). So no need for new wheel, and wouldn't be remotely tempted by something that costs more than my entire setup more than likely.

Upvote 0
I like the wheel I dont want one that will also fit a real car, I just want one that it stiff rigid and well-made, as the price is going to be very high I don't want to hear the creaking or plastic sound when Im driving, my Misson will be to sell some Fanatec stuff I have to fund the wheel purchase.

I would say it will be

Upvote 0
Yeah the dual purpose for SIM and car is over the top. We just want quality affordable and realistic options.
If I was a pro driver competing in the BMW GT4 then yeah I'd want that wheel, but I wouldn't have to pay for it Jen either.
I was waiting for Fanatec to announce a new GT3 wheel and this is disappointing as it will be unaffordable due to how it's been designed. And sales will suffer accordingly in my view. Would have sold 10 times more generic GT3/4 rim than this option.

Upvote 0
If they have half a brain they will release two versions the not a replica version, and then a SIM replica version that will be compatible with V2.5 and CSL same build but not the fancy electronics !

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea