1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fanatec 888 error

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Baz Cutting, Oct 31, 2014.

1. well as ov lastnite i started getting the dreaded 888 error on my fanatec gt3rs v2,wheel is still usable but have noticed how much slower i am now,not happy.have emailed fanatec support about the issue.now the waiting game to see how long before they reply.anyone had same problem and help from fanatec
  2. I have the same wheel. What is this 888 error about? Do you have any background info? How long do you have this wheel now?
  3. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium Member

If memory serves, an 888 error code is wheel calibration failure which if under warranty (2yrs I think) will be exchanged.
    A video clip attached to email for Fanatec support IS ESSENTIAL, showing issue.
    On a different fault I have had no problems with Fanatec warranty support. They have always been prompt with minimal fuss, and exchanged wheel(s).
  4. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Yeah I've had great experiences with their customer service so far.
  5. thanks guys and have already heard back from them this afternoon so all good on that front,sent them a vid and now waiting next response
  6. how i love being a electronics engineer,i have pulled the sensor out and actually repaired it.now have a fully functional gt3 again happy days
    • Like Like x 5