Fanalab confusion again

I'm confused about Fanalab. Do I have to run it before running Assetto Corsa? Does it change vibration or other settings for AC somehow while running that make it different to not running it? ie does it do something to game in real time to change things or is it just writing some config file that changes the game and so Fanalab doesn't need to be run all the time? How does Fanalab know some game has been started from Steam in VR?

And is there some way with my gear that i could tell if it has successfully "connected" to game and/or hardware and is working correctly? eg does vibration of brake/accelerator only work when it is active?

I have all Fanatec gear with V3 pedals and BMW/Formula V2 wheel on v2.5 wheelbase.

Last edited:
You just need to make sure that the game is outputting telemetry on the same port that fanalab expects to receive it. I believe there is a an option to auto configure some games on the profile tab (the right most tab). Fanalab works in conjunction with game settings. Fanatec provides suggested settings for both (see the Fanalab profiles tab).

You just need to make sure that the game is outputting telemetry on the same port that fanalab expects to receive it. I believe there is a an option to auto configure some games on the profile tab (the right most tab). Fanalab works in conjunction with game settings. Fanatec provides suggested settings for both (see the Fanalab profiles tab).
I still have no idea what Fanalab actually does.
I notice ZERO difference in game whether Fanalab is running or not.
So if Fanalab is successfully connected to a game and reading telemetry, so what? What does it do with the telemetry?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.