Facing back of seat

edit: (Solved - Problem with control mappings I think)

Hi. I just got rFactor2 in the sale. I tried setting everything up and starting a session. When I do, I'm sitting in the car facing backwards it seems. Tried it on several cars and it is the same in practice sessions and in the race. In the race I can even watch people drive past me.

I did try searching here and google but couldn't find an answer, sorry.

Also is there an easy way to re-run the initial setup wizard?

In ACC for example, my view is fine so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Last edited:
First question: Are you using VR? IF not, try the following.
Are you facing backwards or just seeing the back upper portion of the drivers seat?(as if you were behind the seat but looking forward) This is due to a combination of the Field of View & the seat location. You may have to assign keys to change the seat, but when you do, try moving the seat forward. Here is a link to a rather exhaustive tutorial of changing the seat and mirrors. It was done long before the newest UI that now comes with rF2, but the concepts are still the same.

Thanks very much for the reply Dave. I'm actually facing backwards, when the drivers drive past me at the start of the race, I see them getting closer to me and then driving past. I'm using TrackIr but I've reset the view several times, and when I load up ACC I'm facing forwards.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I tried deleting the userdata folder and then Verifying, and then starting without TrackIr running. Now when I start a race my driver is looking out over the left front wheel and the car accelerates and turns left (haven't got my wheel plugged in at the moment so I think it is reading input off of other controllers).
I'm wondering if something that I skipped in the Wizard is related to this and that I can't get it back. Thanks.

Looks like it was the controls that I had mapped (automatically). It had picked up my throttle quadrant the first time I'd run it I think, and mapped the levers to steering and pedals. Not sure why it was looking backwards.

Anyway, remapped to my xbox controller (didn't want to wake anyone up with the wheel) and it seems okay with and without TrackIr now. Thanks everyone.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 38 35.5%