1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC F458 Step 3

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 24, 2013.

1. This is my new favorite car in AC. Has to be the most neutral default set out of all the cars. I can do high speed drifts and catch some of the most wicked slides. For me this thing can just be tossed around and driven like a mad man and the car loves it.

Anybody else feeling the love for this absolute gem? If real life is anywhere close to AC when I hit a huge lottery or two this would be the rich guy racing series I would be looking at. I have never liked Silverstone and pretty much given up even trying to learn New Silverstone until I tried it in this car.....25 laps here, 18 laps there, another 20 now...I just can't get out of this car. I'm supposed to be in the F40. I have been dreaming of the F40 for so long. I love the F40 (as long as she isn't on those damn semi-slicks) yet everytime I start up the sim I can't get out of the S3 458.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, the Step 3 458 is my most favourite car now too. Its a pure joy to push it around. Great feeling in all situations.

3. Yes - awesome drive, it really offers much more variety in terms of power and handling. I think it shows how flexible and capable the physics are in AC to have two cars so similar and yet handle so different at the same time. It reminds me of any great singer with enormous vocal range - AC seems to have great range in terms of driving feel and dynamics.

4. I swear I can hear the tires talking to me telling me exactly what they are going through and prodding me on to go like hell even harder. For me this car is "The One". Going to lay down in a bit and dream of driving her on the Ring...Good days lay ahead guys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I agree with you guys, this one handles so much better and different than the "standard" 458 that I just loved it from the first lap. :cool::)

6. The text in game implies that it's a 458 Challenge in specs, which means it is the same car as in Ferrari Virtual Academy. I guess it's worth starting FVA up and running some comparison laps around Mugello....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I prefer the standard 458 tbh. The Step 2 version is scary fast, but I like the way the standard 458 slides around.

I've really taken a liking to the F40 and the M3 E30 DTM.

8. Thanks for the tip, I liked the original version, but have been utterly addicted to the F40 and X-Bow and hadn't gotten around to trying the S3 458. Will do tonight, cheers.

9. I have a IRL 430 mile drive to do today, but if I am still awake when I get home, the S3 will be the first one I jump in coz I have @Jan-Olov Johansson hotlap to beat :D

10. Have a safe drive home. :cool: (no need to hit all the apexes perfectly... ;))

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

My favourite car so far in Assetto Corsa :)

12. You mean like in your hotlap vids? :D :D

13. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

No need to hit them because dog owners let their dogs crap in the gutter, so there may be a noticeable lack of grip in the apexes. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Still in love with the S3 but after taking a few laps in the 599XX...well, it isn't too shabby either. :cool:
    A bit more understeary perhaps (and those who know me now how i hate understering ) but still a nice car. :)