1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

F1 To Return To Austria In 2013?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul M Jones, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Red Bull have notified the FIA that they would be open to hosting a grand prix at the A1-Ring next year.

The circuit, now the Red Bull Ring, last hosted a race in 2003 and despite some structural and logistical difficulties, Red Bull motorsport director Helmut Marko is confident that a plan can be made

Full article here: http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8319809/F1-Heading-Back-To-Austria-In-2013-

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

That would be nice to have another extra race in Europe again, Besides that its a fantastic track to race.

Nothing beats the old Oesterreichring layout (in grey) though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. This track is awesome! I remember one crazy figth between Fisichela, Hakkinen and Schumi. So so many overtaking spots :)

4. Now i get how Tilke got the Idea of India T 10 and 11. He Just copied the Structure of Turns 5 and 6 of the A1 Ring and Made it Clockwise direction :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh cr*p o_O You're right! :D

6. I love the A1 ring, its Tilkes best track.

[​IMG]

7. Bring Salzburgring, that track is incredible.

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

Salzburgring doenst have enough runoff area for F1 I think. Epic track during the 80s/90s with 500cc GP machines.

Great vid though.

9. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I also love the Red Bull Ring.

10. Seems now Bernie wants Turkey or he´s fine with 19 GP´s.

That man is a got damn mystery.