1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 To Return To Austria In 2013?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul M Jones, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Red Bull have notified the FIA that they would be open to hosting a grand prix at the A1-Ring next year.

The circuit, now the Red Bull Ring, last hosted a race in 2003 and despite some structural and logistical difficulties, Red Bull motorsport director Helmut Marko is confident that a plan can be made

Full article here: http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8319809/F1-Heading-Back-To-Austria-In-2013-

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That would be nice to have another extra race in Europe again, Besides that its a fantastic track to race.

Nothing beats the old Oesterreichring layout (in grey) though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. This track is awesome! I remember one crazy figth between Fisichela, Hakkinen and Schumi. So so many overtaking spots :)

4. Now i get how Tilke got the Idea of India T 10 and 11. He Just copied the Structure of Turns 5 and 6 of the A1 Ring and Made it Clockwise direction :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh cr*p o_O You're right! :D

6. I love the A1 ring, its Tilkes best track.

[​IMG]

7. Bring Salzburgring, that track is incredible.

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Salzburgring doenst have enough runoff area for F1 I think. Epic track during the 80s/90s with 500cc GP machines.

Great vid though.

9. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I also love the Red Bull Ring.

10. Seems now Bernie wants Turkey or he´s fine with 19 GP´s.

That man is a got damn mystery.