F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Sergio Perez

It's a shame that only 3 teams are able to contest for wins and within those teams are already filled with good drivers. It's a shame to see that drivers such as Perez may never get the chance to really show their skill

Arguably it's just two teams. I am quite a big fan of Red Bull and Max Verstappen but they seem perpetually regulated to place 5 and 6 unless crashes happen.

I don't like Perez as much as Ocon, Ocon seems more laid back. On the other hand, it's quite understandable to see why Perez gets a bit grumpy sometimes :p - He is undoubtedly a very capable driver, and one I wouldn't be surprised to see in a Mercedes seat later on in his career.

8. Still a good driver, but he's heavily aided by his #1 status within one of the most disgusting teams in F1. He's also got a massive ego and has gone back to his crashy days of old. Expected more from him - it's clear at this point that he'll never get a better seat than the one he currently has.

8. Still a good driver, but he's heavily aided by his #1 status within one of the most disgusting teams in F1. He's also got a massive ego and has gone back to his crashy days of old. Expected more from him - it's clear at this point that he'll never get a better seat than the one he currently has.
I dunno what you problem is, but as far as is known SFI doesn't give a #1 status, so please explain why it's the most disgusting team?

Never got a break with a major team? Mclaren? I like they guy, but he wasted his chance. True Mclaren wasn't contending for the title that year, but it was a ride with a top tier team no less, and if he had performed he could have stuck with them and later been in place to win a title.

Later been in a place to win a title? like how much later? Mclaren has been a terrible team for quite a few years now. Not only because of the car / engine, but also politics.

Sergio has been consistently performing well in a non-contending car. People is pointing out the Monaco incident, but forget to recognize that he had an important streak of points scoring races, which talks a lot about his consistency, an area where other fast drivers tend to fail.

Also this consistency shows maturity, which I saw in a comment above talking about "latin temperament", what the hell does that mean? Is Vettel temperament latin? Verstappen's?

He is the best of the rest, he's not in a top 3 team (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull). I don't know if he will move to a bigger team or not, but this season is proving that he is much better driver than many credit him for.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.8%