F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Max Verstappen

ratfaced teenager thinks he's senna, but has only mastered sennas crashing into teammate skills.
has raced 51 races, has touched with his teammate twice, hungary and australia 2016 (sainz). Perez and ocon needed less races, but i've seen you hating on more drivers, so maybe act a bit more mature and not like a keyboardwarrior, thank you ;)

The car failures have been unfortunate. One of the fastest drivers, future DC safe to say. Can't rate a score for this year, too many DNF.
For sure the incident with DR was not a good day, hopefully won't happen again.

Gerhard Berger was recently asked which two drivers he considers to be the best of the current grid - answer was LH, MV & FA.
I was sceptical about this incredibly young driver in F1 at first, but MV has already proven that there is a lot of winning potential.

Maybe ask a few Italians what they think of Max and if they want to have him drive for Ferrari? You may be surprised! ;) If you don't think Max is talented, then a lot of people like Niki Lauda, David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan, etc., etc., may be wrong about him?
You were going so well with your comments until you mentioned EJ, -10 credibility points right there :p:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Max is a great talent, I would have given him 8, but -1 to 7 for crashing into DannyRic last time out.

Very quick, very immature.
Lacks race craft but that should come eventually.
No idea where the talent came from, his father was a real plonker.....;)
At this point in time I will only rate him a 6.

You were going so well with your comments until you mentioned EJ, -10 credibility points right there :p:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Max is a great talent, I would have given him 8, but -1 to 7 for crashing into DannyRic last time out.
Hahaha... you are absoluty right about EJ, my mistake. Ok, maybe I can add Jan Lammers to the list of experts then? But he may be a 'bit' biased because he is Dutch, like me. ;)

ratfaced teenager thinks he's senna, but has only mastered sennas crashing into teammate skills.
Did you watch the Brazil GP in 2016 btw?
I know this poll is about 2017 but I think we can agree why some people compare him to Senna? And I don't think he thinks he is Senna. That is said by the media and his fans. I think he may see himself more as an improved version of his father Jos. Jos was also very good in driving in the rain and in overtaking cars, but Max may even be better in that area. I say 'may', because Jos never got the possibility to drive in a good car and had to show his skills in a Simtek, Footwork, Tyrell, Stewart, Arrows or Minardi.

There's a bit of national pride invovled in me liking Max Verstappen so much, but I think it's clear that he's a very very fast driver. He is ocasionally a bit too reckless, but a lot of his "outs" this season have been due to reliability issues.

Either way, I think he will win a championship in the future. Probably not the near future though.

No doubt that he is fast, but he has a bit of growing to do when it comes to experience. I hope that in the future we will see more of what we saw in Sao Paolo 16' but in any conditions and without major contact with any driver. When he is on the pace, it's always an exciting race.

7. He's still learning. But what a talent!!!! Probably the most gifted since Schumacher. When he is more mature (and if he has a great car, needless to say), he will win tons of races and championships. If I was in charge at Ferrari, I would do anything to sign him within the next 2 years.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%