1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1: Button fastest on opening day of testing in Jerez

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Nik Hughes, Feb 5, 2013.

1. View the Post on the Blog
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Will it finally be JB's year? Really hope so. Big fan of his driving style.
  3. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Well, 2009 was his year. :D

Then again, it's a bit worrying that the fuel pump is yet again causing issues. It's a new pump and a whole new car...how did they manage to carry this issue over?
  4. My thoughts exactly. It's barely the first day of testing and already they have a problem that gave them headaches last year. However, since it is only the first day of testing we can only hope they rectify the problem quickly.
  5. Bram

Was Perez not driving this test?
  6. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I think I have a spare fuel pump from an old Audi Station Wagon in my garage. Will it fit?
  7. I believe that Perez will be running tomorrow. Here's an breakdown of who will be testing and at what time:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Bram

Thanks for that Carlos :)
  9. I read that Alonso wasn't in Jerez yesterday, and although the BBC mentioned it was strange for the driver not driving to not even be there, I assumed he would be driving one day. Didn't realise he's not driving at all. Strange...
  10. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

From Sky Sports F1

In total, Alonso is scheduled to be in action for just five of the 12 allotted days of winter testing. However, the two-times World Champion is convinced that his reduced workload will pay a long-term dividend as he seeks to avoid burnout from his hectic recent schedule.
    • Like Like x 1