F1 2024 thread

Story I saw on Twitter/X - and elsewhere - about the next F1 Concorde Agreement having a stipulation that reduces the maximum number of teams from 12 to 10. That would come into effect in 2026 if it's agreed and would mean that Andretti would have to buy an existing team to be able to get a f1 entry.
A clear attempt to stifle any sort of competition from new teams.
Surely that's got to the bad for the "sport".

However I'd imagine that the F1 teams might be prepared to give way on this but ONLY if the "buy-in" charge for new teams is substantially increased.

That will also have the effect of increasing the value of the struggling teams.
Dorilton would have a way of making a profit on their investment in Williams if Andretti need to buy a team to be able to go F1 racing.
I'd guess that buying Williams - for example - would be less than the revised "buy-in" charge.

Formula 1 has announced the "Formula 1 Channel", a 24/7, subscription-free streaming channel for fans in the USA to watch F1, F2, F3 and F1 Academy race replays and highlights, full reruns of classic Grands Prix, and popular racing documentaries.

The new channel, which launches in the USA ahead of the Miami Grand Prix, will be operated by partner C15 Studio and distributed for fans to watch via services including Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Freevee, and Pluto TV.

Rumours abound that Adrian Newey is looking to leave Red Bull.
Retirement or pastures new?
With "gardening leave" a dead cert, how about getting involved with Andretti?
If they aren't competing in F1 then "garden leave" surely can't apply... can it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back