F1 2015 WIP Thread

• Deleted member 161052

...Nobby,"The Last From Mohicans", unfortunately too disappeared, we very much waited for his works...:(
Well, he was last seen today despite not posting anything since Dec 30 2015

I have not disappeared, just recently have lost my dog to old age after 15 years which lost my motivation do do anything but will soon be back, almost finished all the mclarens.
Glad to hear your back on it, hope you are feeling better too. I've never had a pet but friends have so I sorta know how it feels, but hope you are feeling better :) look forward to your return

• Deleted member 161052

I have not disappeared, just recently have lost my dog to old age after 15 years which lost my motivation do do anything but will soon be back, almost finished all the mclarens.
Glad to see you back. Also, I didn't notice your message on my alerts system though.

But i just dont understand how you can make the ferrari yellow but u cant make the new ferraris colour ?
Since f1 2013 Codemasters are using different kinds of textures, now there's a small spot that determines most of the car his color, and only parts of the sponsors are normally editable, on f1 2015 it's even worse, as the sponsor logos and the skin colors are now seperated in 2 files. And as we have no 3d models with wireframes available we don't know which car can be edited best. So we can only change colors of the cars and some obvious sponsors spots, but those are the only things we can sadly do. I just hope 1 thing, now CM is going to listen more to the community, that they make F1 2016 moddable in at least some way

:cool: WIP - Max Verstappen helmet 2016 (Blue version) :cool:

Soon to come ;)
4.jpg

Hey guys .. I noticed that the engine performance and gears are quite unrealistic in 2015. I decided to play around with the ratios and power a bit to make it look similar to the real ones.

Basically what I did is that I shortened a few gears by little and I increased the power a bit. Unfortunately I got time only to do it on the McLaren but I will do it for other cars as soon as I have time and I'll release it as a package. I'll post a video soon :) ..

Hey guys .. I noticed that the engine performance and gears are quite unrealistic in 2015. I decided to play around with the ratios and power a bit to make it look similar to the real ones.

Basically what I did is that I shortened a few gears by little and I increased the power a bit. Unfortunately I got time only to do it on the McLaren but I will do it for other cars as soon as I have time and I'll release it as a package. I'll post a video soon :) ..
looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Well, new 3DSimED was released with support for Tracks and Cars of F1 2015, so I think (of course if there will be modder people) this game should get some proper mods now.
The UV maps (wireframes) of the cars, as expected, is awful. The cars were unwrapped for that specific livery, but this is taken to a new extreme, when compared to 2014 even. I doubt that this will change modding a lot, not that anyone is really interested in this game anymore :rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.