1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2013 Keyboard Control Problems :(

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Spo0k, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hello,
    I am a keyboard user to play F1 2013 I played 2011 and 2012 with keyboard but it worked properly for me but this game with keyboard very difficult.I mean rear-end of car is just unstable can not drive thats all anyone have solution or coddies gonna fix it in a patch?

That's all

-Spo0k,
    INDIA

2. had the same problem:(. i do not think that cm will fix it. i just bought a wheel, now it feels much better.

3. İ have same problem..

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Got to ask, but with windows compatible xbox type controllers costing so little, why would any one try driving with the keyboard? Do you pick the keyboard up and hold it like a steering wheel? :geek:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Howdy all - keyboard is much tougher this year, but I've managed to make it work.
    It ain't pretty, but it works!
    I'll post my settings and setups when I get home.
    Hold caller....

6. and the same problem with joypad of ps3 i connected to my pc , am thinking to buy a thursmaster 5 in 1 uni.

7. ok finally got normal solution for it.
    get any grip mod like grip mod of 10% and replace the original grip and now you will feel much better and faster than ai in legendary ai mode.

I hope it'll work for you guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Isn't that cheating though?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. man if you are wise and will not play online thats not cheating :)

10. I don't understand how can it be someone else's business how one drives in a bloody computer game. I've always used keyboard and will do to do so. I don't have time to set up the wheel and pedal combo every day and gamepads are just as far from reality as keyboards.

Anyway, Spo0k, these are the settings I use:
    Firstly, set Override Input Device Type to Gamepad
    Secondly,
    Steering Deadzone: 10.00%
    Steering Saturation: 45%
    Steering Linearity: 60%
    Throttle Deadzone: 15%
    Throttle Saturation: 75%
    Brake Deadzone: 0%
    Brake Saturation: 20%

I'm not using any grip mods.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Whoops - forgot to post my settings!
    Do you have enough turn-in with the deadzone so small?
    I found that I couldn't take any speed through corners with settings like that.

12. oh @riff incidently i am using same setup :D with input gamepad

13. Alrighty! Using the gamepad override:

Steering Deadzone: 15.00%
    Steering Saturation: 2%
    Steering Linearity: 49%
    Throttle Deadzone: 1%
    Throttle Saturation: 2%
    Brake Deadzone: 0%
    Brake Saturation: 10%

I try to set up the car with plenty of understeer (4/3 on the roll bars usually does well, plenty of rear downforce then adjust the front as required)

Hope this helps!

14. actually i already gave suggestion to use 10% grip that will help you, stable rear-end with it and it worked for many people just try it out

15. can you please tell us what is your keyboard configuration because i am struggling with the keyboard..and i can't find place for the gear shifting

16. personally, i use z and x for gas and brakes, up and down arrows for gears, and a and s for kers and drs

*this is a configuration on a laptop keyboard*

• Like Like x 1
  17. I use Space for brake, Numpad 0 for DRS and v for KERS. I use automatic gearbox, so I haven't thought about assigning keys for manual gears.

• Like Like x 1
  18. i am using up for gas and D for braking S for drs and A for kers...but i had health problems with my hand because of the game..so i am thinking of buying a wheel

19. so what do you use for gears? (gave up trying to do manual on the keyboard)

20. i cannot think of a way to use manual gears. i have only two hands "lol"..and also i can't press 3 keys at the same time on the keyboard.it won't work

• Agree Agree x 1