1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2012 The Game: Patching It Up, Episode #11

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Tom, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 3
  2. :confused:

3. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Alright, I haven't touched F1 2012 since patch 2 came out so this should be good. Although I doubt I'll directly notice any improvements it seems I've avoided all major bugs 'n glitches.

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Just don't to save after Q3 and start the race the next day...I thought it'd work since it was supposed to be fixed. Ruined the first race of my first real season (aka season 2 and back in the McLaren) since I was stuck with the default setup. :poop:

5. CM are really pulling out all the stops :)

6. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

The htz are still stuck to a minimum of 50,
    Stops me playing in 1920x1080,
    f1 2010 2011 are fine but this game im stuck on 1280x720 for this reason.
    hope they fix this problem for not everyone has the latest tv.

7. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Unless i set it to window mode.
    But i can run 2011 just fine so its kind of anoying for me

8. Then what about the Tire choices and Main thing Weather problems surely the Rain % was not fixed i've faced every race from Spain was rainy session until Brazil in my season 1

9. where is the patch for xbox 360????? :( they had told for early this week in europe!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's up to MS since it's been submitted...so be angry at them instead of CM.

My TV is 4 years old and wasn't exactly a high-priced one (LG 42") either but I can run 60hz just fine. :O_o:

11. Codemasters said its been submitted to Microsoft waiting for them to ok it and send it on to us. its a big fix so the time is warrented imo.
    its classed more as a DLC more than a patch due to size.

12. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I payed 1600 for my 48 inch,
    but that was over 6 years ago and only supports 60 hz @ 1280x720 res.
    The thing is f1 2010 , 2011 play just fine on 1920x1080 including all other games i have.
    This is the only game i have that dont let me play full screen for some reason.
    The only way for me to play in 1920x1080 is to set it to window mode,
    If i alt enter it jumps to 1280x720 and its anoying me,
    Ive tried editing the config file without any luck.

13. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

They stil havent fixes the rendor on the tires,
    You can see in this vid i just made where the shadows on the tires are repeating.
    Hope they fix this soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Bnuz8W0nM

14. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Allso in pits the people in the croud flicker

15. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I see, sucks. :\

16. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

F1 2012 is officially a flop for Xbox users, a complete disaster cant fill the grid at all with humans there's just no interest from drivers to race this game any more and tbh I don't blame them, we been mugged. Glad PC guys are getting what they need. But trying to defend CM you must be kidding me.

17. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's not about defending CM but being fair.

If they gave the patch to Microsoft and they didn't approve it yet - CM isn't at fault. If they're trying to fix stuff with patches even tho they couldn't before the game was released - fine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. We had nothing before 2010. Now we have an acceptable official F1 series. It's not perfect but it's very good. Hope they finish with the patches though. By the way: "If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down." is just unacceptable, seriously. ;)

19. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Tom I understand that point, but putting out a game in the first place, which is so far unplayable is criminal. We've been mugged good and proper.

20. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Well, let me tell you a story. I've just tried to start race 2 of my career, Malaysia. It said 0% chance of rain for the race, so I used a dry setup. Come race day all AI drivers are using intermediate tyres...the sun is shining...I can hear the water on the street..yet, can't see anything.

Right, I made a backup just before the first race in Australia - so back to that one, through Australia again. Come race day in Malaysia...same story. I did actually repeat that two times, so I've been through the Malaysia R&D (3 laps per R&D attempt) two times & qualifying three times.

I've stopped playing for today since I wouldn't want to save after Q3, don't want to run into the parc ferme bug again.

Luckily I made a backup after the practice session, so that I could start my third attempt in Q1. Am I angry and disappointed? Yes, definitely. Don't think it's working perfectly fine for me.

• Like Like x 1