F1 2011 F1 2011... Playing with an Image.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

I got my hands on F1 2011 DVD today. But unfortunately my DVD drive died about a month ago. So i created an image on my friends laptop and loaded the image on my daemon and installed the game. But then when i started the game i got some weird SecuROM error. Is there any workaround for the issue?

Tried a lot of stuff... did not work! STEAM did not launch the game. Coz the issue is with the SecuROM thing. It was still asking for a DVD to be present.

So called up a friend, got his DVD drive and now playing it. The DVD drive is an old one and pretty unreliable. :frown:

@toucanfirer: Thanks for the moral support. :)

But on a different topic... Played the game a little, but dont know why the game feels a little bit artificial! Don't know why! F1 2010 had a natural and a more realistic feel to it!

Also noticed that the fastest time for Istanbul is 1:05:xxx. How in the hell someone can do it so quick?? :eek:

Well... I guess i should have written bought! I just wrote "got my hands" coz i felt like it. And no one's talking about pirated software here. I have been hanging around in different forums for many years now and i know piracy is not entertained in forums. So i would have asked this question on hack forums or something.

BTW, if i got a pirated copy of the game then i wouldn't be asking this question coz all pirated games run without a DVD. Right??

And sorry, DVD Drives in my country are not cheap!

search on ebay for a used drive mate. oh wait, i guess ebay is not available in your country,right?

Steam selection .....

steam1-1.png

steam6.png

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

here is a List of Retail Keys that work with Steam :)
[h=4]Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?[/h] All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:

• Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
etc. etc. etc.

m8 if you want a dvd player for pc dam there only about 15 pound from most places god if you payed for game im shore you can buy a new dvd ...........

infact send me a 12 pound i send you one iv got loads 10 pound for drive 2 pound for post lol

I bought my game from shopto.net for £17.86 ...... but I hate ANY game where I cannot run it from an image of my disc, as I hate having a disc permanently in my drive, or searching for DVD boxes. In fact as far as I am concerned I can legally make a backup of any of my discs if I want. So my legal copy is the image, and the original disc is safe and unblemished.

So as toucanfirer said above, it can be run from an image, but you ALSO need Daemon Tools Pro ....

We are being coy about it, because the last thread about this very subject got locked, hence my comment on page one.

This is why you'll see no links or direct info here. The website owners/moderators have their rules, and are fully entitled to do what they wish, no matter what our opinion is of the subject matter .....

Cheers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies