rF2 F1 1971 @ Kyalami 70 - Saturday Aug 7th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I just downloaded the track and the mod and I'd like to give it a go. First now gonna try if it works OK if it does I'll join in. If I'm not too late..?

Oh, any tips on an easy to use car in this mod...?

@ Theo...Ivo is correct all the cars are the same..pick any car,you may like the exhaust note ,the driver or car may mean something to your countries racing history,or you just may like the colour.

Well, that was fun. I was a little too careful in qualifying ending up on the back of the grid (though that's nothing new to me...). Took it easy at the start and had a short but nice fight with Reggie (I think). Lost it in lap two, hit the wall and damaged my steering so I had to come in for repairs. Forgot there was no pit speed limiter so I had to come in again for a stop-and-go...
After that I found a nice rythm and managed to finish the car with only one little mistake. Finished in 7th position in the end.

Took some time to get used to the car but enjoyed it in the end! Thanks to all for racing tonight!!

Cheers,
Theo

What a boring night to me, for both races I was driving quite alone, just to see finish line, but thanks to Ross for that few of laps I was doing my best and then I let myself to make mistake and it was over, but I enjoyed to drive with you! at least because I was driving only with top ranked drivers, there was nobody with my skills

R1 I did damage, pit stop, alone driving...

But I love those cars!

cut.......
Race: 19:55 GMT, 2 x 25 minutes (seperate qualifying for both races, formation lap and standing start)
cut......

m8 there was a problem on the server..... it was setted standing start without any formation lap..... we were all DQ in lap 1 for that so we restarted the race and we did a normal start.... ;)

about the report i will do it tomorrow, but now i want say thank you to all the guys that race tonight it was really fun and everyone was really good on track!!!! thank you again all expecially Julien because we did an epic fight for like 20 laps.....i think that it was the best race until now here on RD....thank you all gain cu tomorrow for the report ;)!!! :D

Lots of spins,very bad laps,accident,pitstop,stop and go penalty,pc freeze,dx9 problems,no concentration...what a bad night,like a nightmare.And thank you guys for waiting me at race 2.See you next race.

here my little report..

Race 1, started from pole not bad, but in T1 i closed too much the door and Julien touched my rear tyre.....i have no damege for that, but this little hit scared me and so i went a bit wide.... lost another position and so i was 3rd behind Kevin... Julien was doing a good pace and so he was gaining a lot on me and Kevin..... we both were fighting and i was able to pass him in lap 4 but in T5 i spun and stalled the engine and so i lost 15 seconds and 3 position..... after that i lost some concentration, but after few laps was able to catch a good pace and pass Ross in front of me... (Robert sspun in T1 in the while so i was 4th and after i pass Ross i was 3rd). Was starting gaining on Kevin, but due some problems with lapped cars wasn't able to close the gap and he finished 3.5 second before me (maybe with others 4-5 laps i could pass him, but the race was over)

Race 2, started from the 3rd position due a bad qualify, was able to pass Kevin at the start because he lost a bit the control of his rear, after that i did 3-4 laps in "diesel mode" while Julien was doing all the laps in the 1.14 middle and so my gap was like 3 second, but i know that if i wouldn't do errors i could catch him, and that was what i did and i was able to eat tenth on tenth lap after lap and in lap 15 i had less than 1 second of gap.....in lap 19 we both did also an error in T4 but for our luck this doesn't cost our race or the chance for win,

but in lap 20 Julien spun in the last corner and so i gained the first place and i took the car at home in the last lap without too much problems!!!!
This race was really hard, but also nice, we did every lap really at the limit because we were able to do 1 more lap in that race (21 instead 20)
was really an hard and exciting race, i think that it was the best for me so far here at Race Department, so i wanna say thank you to you all, to Julien for the fight, Race Department and Ryan for the Event and again thx all for the night!!! cu at the next week!!!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.4%