Export to Kart Racing Pro

I've recently got into this new karting simulator called Kart Racing Pro because the physics are about a million times better than any karting mod on rFactor.

Here is the website for the game: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

It's a game which is being developed in a similar way to BTB, by a single guy with the help of a community, building up features and content over time. Currently only two tracks are included with the base game. Tracks can be converted from rFactor, but only using 3DMax (which is extremely expensive and very difficult to learn). As such, it would benefit highly from an ability to export tracks directly into it from BTB without the need for complicated and expensive software.

I am aware that the building of kart tracks is a fairly small niche within the modding community, however I would be willing to pay for a new version of BTB if an exporter was included, or indeed donate a decent amount of money to Brendon if it was included in the base BTB package.

Anyone else agree? Would it be a good idea to contact Brendon about this? I know he's not been back long and is currently working on other features but I would really like to see this.

It would be a good thing if BTB supported more sims, yes. (Especially modern and varied ones, like this one. And GPL, of course, since it's The Mother.)
But its export system would probably have to be reorganised so that coders could implement their own export filters/drivers, otherwise I can't see it happening, especially short-term.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back