1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Apps Esotic Slips Hud V1.2

shows tire slip under braking and slip angle under cornering

1. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Esotic submitted a new resource:

Esotic Slips Hud - shows tire slip under braking and slip angle under cornering

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@cr4wl3r0 in response to your review, I'll see what I can do about adding some relevant INI options for adjusting the look and feel.

3. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@Glimiril I have verified the issue that the API is not populating Tyre Slip with tire model 10.

I will have to follow up with Kunos on their official forums to ask for this to be fixed. I have added a few more variables to the top of the python file (need to release a newer version) that should help with achieving a different "look and feel". I'm guessing eventually there will be an INI file, but I'm not entirely sure when that coding will get done (what with my time for AC app coding being limited/finite). :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Esotic updated Esotic Slips Hud with a new update entry:

tire model 10 quick fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@Glimiril and @cr4wl3r0 (and anyone else that would like to control how far apart the wheel boxes are) please note the following line at the top of the Python file:

#the next two lines control how far apart to draw the boxes for each wheel
    distanceWidth = 600 #600 is default | use small or negative values to bring the boxes closer together
    distanceHeight = 200 #200 is default | -20 for Width and -30 for Height is doable

You can edit these two variable to control the width and height between the boxes.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@Coanda Can you give me some info about what resolution and DSR settings you are using so I can try them when testing the resizing changes?

7. Love the app, however, on my screen 1920x1080 res, the wheels show up in the upper right hand corner.
    Can't move it at all. Why can't I adjust the placement as with other apps? It does not work very well this way

8. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

It may not be obvious, but you should be able to grab the front left (top left) wheel with your mouse and move it around.

9. Thanks. For me it was the bottom left wheel that allows me to move it. Appreciate the response.

10. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@robnitro Adding an INI file with options is on my ToDo list. Can you describe some of the various ways you'd like to control the size of the interface? Smaller/larger boxes? Closer/farther apart? More/less rotating? Adjusting the colors? I can imagine some folks may want to push the boxes out farther to the edges of the screen, and some folks may want them really tight and all together pushed off to one corner. I'm not sure there's a simple way to make all those various layouts happen, so I may end up making all the variables at the top of the python editable in the INI and then provide some examples of various layouts.

appHeight = 55
    appWidth = 35
    tyreWidth = 25
    tyreHeight = 45
    upperDistance = 5
    distanceFromLeft = 5
    #the next two lines control how far apart to draw the boxes for each wheel
    distanceWidth = 600 #600 is default | use small or negative values to bring the boxes closer together
    distanceHeight = 200 #200 is default | -20 for Width and -30 for Height is doable
    #these two lines keep the boxes from flying wildly around the screen during hard collisions
    minAngle = -20.0
    maxAngle = 20.0

If you end up fiddling with all those number in the python you may be able to get something you like. Let me know if you have any questions or come up with a combination of settings you like.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1