1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Apps Esotic Performance Delta App V1.10

add-on performance delta wtih additional features

1. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Esotic submitted a new resource:

Esotic Performance Delta V1.6 App - add-on performance delta wtih additional features

Read more about this resource...

2. Hello,
    what is your application of rotating tires ??
    Thank's

3. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

I think you are referring to the "Slip Angle/Tyre Slip" app that shows grip/slip in the corners?

Try this: http://esotic.com/media/SlipAngle_20160213.zip

I'm not sure if that includes all the latest updates or if it will work properly for you, but you can try it out. I'll try to post up a version with the latest changes either this evening or tomorrow when I get a little free time.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

4. Thank's,
    I will test :thumbsup:

5. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Ok, this should be a proper V1.0 of the Slip Angle app:
    http://esotic.com/media/SlipAngle_V1.0.zip

The vast majority of what makes this app cool was written by someone that posted it up to GitHub. I found it and made some adjustments (after asking for permission) so it was showing the things I was most interested in. As you are braking into the corner (brake pedal greater than 20% application) it will show you Tyre Slip. The tyre slip gets brighter purple as you slip more and more and then red when you're tires are locked up. Anytime the brake is less than 20% applied it will show you slip angle using the following rules:

slip < min_slip starts as black and becomes whiter the closer the value gets to min_slip
    min_slip < slip < optimum_slip starts as medium green and becomes bright green
    optimum slip < slip < max_slip starts as bright blue and fades to medium blue
    max_slip < slip is bright red

"Graphically" this would look like

0 ------------- 3 | 3 --------------------------- 6.5 | 6.5 --------------------- 10 | 10 +
    black to white | med green to bright green | bright blue to med blue | bright red

Generally you want to keep the slip angle in the bright green/bright blue range when taking a turn. I can't really look at this app while driving, so I mostly reference it when reviewing recorded footage (like from fraps, shadowplay, D3D Gear, etc). While driving I do notice which tires are slipping more (over/understeer) and definitely when I've gone over the line and it turns red.

These values are currently hard coded and are more suited to GT/Formula racing than street cars. At some point I/we should add some logic like the Tyre Temp app where it knows the relevant slip angles for the various tyre types and compounds.

I should probably post this app into it's own thread. :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

• Like Like x 1
  6. it it possible to have it show .000 instead of .00 please

7. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Try this: http://esotic.com/media/EsoticDeltaV1.7.zip

There's some new INI options:
    appwidth allows you to set how wide the app should be. everything else should resize (height, font, etc).

threedigitprecision allows you to enable 3 digits after the decimal (what Philip asked for). The app is only updating the text every .1 seconds, so that update frequency may also need to be an option for you to have the data presented how you are imagining

showlaptimedelay allows you to see the LastLap time when you cross the start finish for however many milliseconds you decide. The default is 4000.0, and if you set it to 0.0 it disables this function.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

8. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Here's a video of me testing the V1.7

9. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

10. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

V1.9 updates include options in the INI for adjusting background opacity, toggling the border, and running the delta as fast as possible (as opposed to every .1 seconds).

11. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

If anyone is curious, I created a comparison video that shows some differences between the new Kunos Perfomance Delta and my Perf Delta App:

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

12. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member