engine sound bug on certain cars.

i get this annoying sound when revving some cars like a weak fart . i notice this with the audi 90 gto or a few of the free cars. it doesnt sound like it should be part of the engine sound. how do i fix this?

Yes, this sound is the throttle pedal sound, but specific for turbo cars. It's triggered when you press the throttle. But were you pressing the throttle here? Obviously, this is intended to be mixed with the engine sound, and it shouldn't be audible if the engine is off, although this is something that isn't implemented yet. So, it will be improved, no worry ;)

i made a better recording with inputs of the throttle . the pops only appears when i touch the throttle.
this is so strange. there are other turbos cars without this noise.

BTW the car is Canhard R52 ......the R51 sounds normal. Can anyone try this car out to see if you have the same strange pops?

Last edited:
Yes, this sound is the throttle pedal sound, but specific for turbo cars. It's triggered when you press the throttle. But were you pressing the throttle here? Obviously, this is intended to be mixed with the engine sound, and it shouldn't be audible if the engine is off, although this is something that isn't implemented yet. So, it will be improved, no worry ;)
please see my latest post i recorded a better video

well after play with the sound settings, the strange sound is gone if i turn down the overall effect sound to 0% but then i will be missing many other sound effects such as engine starter or impact noises.

well after play with the sound settings, the strange sound is gone if i turn down the overall effect sound to 0% but then i will be missing many other sound effects such as engine starter or impact noises.
Note that NOT all the turbo cars are using this throttle sound, only a few of them depending on the real car sound.

In your first video, I assume you had some AI driving on the circuit, and it's probably their throttle input that we hear, not yours.
This is all linked to the fact that we need to add a speed factor for this throttle sound, so it won't be triggered below a certain speed or if the car is stopped.

Anyway, when driving normally, this sound is not invasive or annoying, it's pretty natural.
Many turbo cars have this stuttering noise when throttling.

Here's an exemple of what I mean, just listen to that noise when the Benetton is outing the hairpin ;)

If anything, we'd need to have some random variations to make it less repetitive, which sadly is not possible as we can use only one sample for this trigger.

Last edited:
Note that NOT all the turbo cars are using this throttle sound, only a few of them depending on the real car sound.

In your first video, I assume you had some AI driving on the circuit, and it's probably their throttle input that we hear, not yours.
This is all linked to the fact that we need to add a speed factor for this throttle sound, so it won't be triggered below a certain speed or if the car is stopped.

Anyway, when driving normally, this sound is not invasive or annoying, it's pretty natural.
Many turbo cars have this stuttering noise when throttling.

Here's an exemple of what I mean, just listen to that noise when the Benetton is outing the hairpin ;)

If anything, we'd need to have some random variations to make it less repetitive, which sadly is not possible as we can use only one sample for this trigger.
If i turn the sound effect below 15% or so it is somewhat unnoticeable :thumbsup: but at 100% it is very distracting.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.